The Community Intervention Trial for Smoking Cessation (COMMIT) showed that 75 percent of people were being asked about use, 49 percent advised to quit, and only 25 percent being offered assistance, like medications.
What does COMMIT stand for?
COMMIT stands for Community Intervention Trial for Smoking Cessation (National Cancer Institute)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of COMMIT
- Creighton Online Multiple Modular Expert System (nursing system)
- Commodities Exchange
- Communications Exercise
- Communications Experts (Chatham, MA)
- Complete Monumental Military Foul-Up (polite form)
- Commander, Mine Warfare Command
- Communications Intelligence (usually seen as COMINT)
- Community Impact Team (Colorado Springs, CO police)
- Coordinated Mekong Ministerial Initiative against Trafficking
- Cultivating Obedience, Ministering Mercy, Internalizing Truth (mother/daughter conference)
- COMMerce Information Technology Solutions Contract (U.S. Department of Commerce)
- Commander, Land Forces
- Communications Officer
- WESTPAC Central Intelligence
- Cooperative Measurement and Modeling of Open Networked Systems