20, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Community Financial Services Association of America (CFSA) released the following statement in response to a report from Pew Charitable Trusts' Safe, Small Dollar Loans Research Project: "We welcome Pew's interest in having a meaningful dialogue regarding the need for short-term, small-dollar credit.
What does CFSAA stand for?
CFSAA stands for Community Financial Services Association of America
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CFSAA
We have 1 other meaning of CFSAA in our Acronym Attic
- Certificate of Forest Stewardship Agreement (Philippines)
- Certified Financial Services Auditor
- Certified First Surgical Assistant
- Child & Family Services Agency (Washington, DC)
- Child and Family Services Act (Canada)
- Community Financial Services Association
- County Farm Service Agency (various locations)
- Crown Forest Sustainability Act (Canada)
- Cy-Fair Sports Association (Houston, Texas)
- Casket & Funeral Supply Association of America (est. 1913; Lake Bluff, IL)
- Canadian Forces Small Arms Competition
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Advisory Committee (US DHHS)
- Central Florida Society of Association Executives (Orlando, FL)
- Canadian Forces School of Administration & Logistics
- Crop and Food Supply Assessment Mission (FAO/WFP)
- Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition (US FDA)
- Canadian Forces School of Aerospace Ordnance and Engineering
- Canadian Family Services Accreditation Program (Family Service Ontario; Ontario, Canada)
- Canadian Food Safety Adaptation Program (Canada Food Inspection Agency)
- Canadian Forces School of Aerospace Studies
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Community Financial Services Association of America, an industry group, did the math on the rates incurred with other options, and finds that a $100 bounced check garners a $54 fee, which comes out to an annual percentage rate of 1,409, and a $37 late fee on a $100 credit card balance amounts to an annual percentage rate of 965 percent.
Recently, Community Financial Services Association of America (CFSA), the national trade association of responsible payday lenders, voluntarily introduced strong disclosure rules, an extended payment plan and partnerships to promote financial literacy.
Participants in the panel discussion included representatives from the National Foundation for Credit Counseling, the Association for Financial Counseling and Planning Education, the In-Charge Institute, the American Bankers Association, America's Community Bankers, the Credit Union National Foundation, the Fannie Mae Foundation, Freddie Mac, American Express, MasterCard, Visa, the Community Financial Services Association of America, the Consumer Federation of America, the National Council of La Raza, the American Association of Retired Persons, and College Parents of America.
The average bounced check costs $6o in fees," says Billy Webster, CEO of Advance America, a payday loans company, and president of the Community Financial Services Association of America, the industry trade group.
Advance America is a wholly owned subsidiary of Grupo Elektra, one of the largest Latin American providers of banking services, consumer finance and specialty retailing and is a founding member of the Community Financial Services Association of America (CFSA), whose mission is to promote laws that provide substantive consumer protections and to encourage responsible industry practices.
The Company is a founding member of the Community Financial Services Association of America (CFSA), whose mission is to promote laws that provide substantive consumer protections and to encourage responsible industry practices.
WASHINGTON -- The Community Financial Services Association of America (CFSA) strongly supports the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau's (CFPB) goal to have an open and transparent complaint process.