During the incident, Central Lane 911 attempted to notify nearby residents of the apartment complex about the standoff using the Community Emergency Notification System, or CENS.
What does CENS stand for?
CENS stands for Community Emergency Notification System (various locations)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CENS
We have 22 other meanings of CENS in our Acronym Attic
- Committee on Energy and Natural Resources for Development (UN)
- Centre of Excellence in Natural Resource Management (program of University of Western Australia)
- Community Environment and Natural Resources Office
- Capital Equipment Not Related To Construction
- Center for Embedded Networked Sensing (UCLA NSF)
- Centre d'Etudes Nucleaires de Seclay
- Centre Nantais de Sociologie (French: Nantes Center of Sociology; University of Nantes; Nantes, France)
- China Economic News Service (online trade promotion resource; est. 1974; Taiwan)
- Cost of Energy Not Supplied
- Custom Electronic Noise Suppressor (ear plugs)
- Center for the Study of the Americas (Berkeley, CA)
- Centro Educacional Nossa Senhora Aparecida (Portuguese religious school; Brazil)
- Collaborative Electronic Notebook Systems Association
- Confederation of European National Societies of Anaesthesiologists (formerly European Regional Section of the World Federation of Societies of Anaesthesiologists)
- Council for Emerging National Security Affairs
- Council of European and Japanese National Shipowners' Associations
- Center for Sensed Critical Infrastructure Research (Carnegie Mellon University)
- Commonwealth Electronic Network for Schools and Education
Samples in periodicals archive:
Make donations to four local municipalities for the purpose of funding community emergency notification systems.
Police used the Community Emergency Notification System to send a recorded telephone message warning neighbors to stay inside their homes until the danger passed.
Byline: REBECCA NOLAN The Register-Guard The Community Emergency Notification System is dead, killed by a lack of money and public support.
Financial forecast; community emergency notification system update.
Finance forecast, community emergency notification system update.
LANE COUNTY Emergency test coming: About half of all the telephones in Lane County will ring sometime between now and the end of the month and the caller will be the Community Emergency Notification System with a test message.
As many as 130,000 telephones will ring within minutes of each other as the county pushes the limits of its Community Emergency Notification System, a sort of reverse 911 that calls citizens when there's an emergency, instead of the other way around.