The NCORP opportunity was established after the National Cancer Institute made the decision to end funding as of July 31, 2014 for federally-funded clinical trials in the community setting through Community Clinical Oncology Programs (CCOP).
What does CCOP stand for?
CCOP stands for Community Clinical Oncology Program
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CCOP
We have 20 other meanings of CCOP in our Acronym Attic
- Call Control
- Chevrolet Club of Norway (car club)
- Citizens' Coalition on Nanotechnology
- Columbia College of Nursing (est. 1901; Milwaukee, WI)
- Computer Consultants of North Alabama
- Co-Chief Operating Officer (organizational business title)
- Comisiones Obreras (Spanish Labor Union)
- Cumberland County Office on Aging
- Childhood Cancer Ombudsman Program
- Comité Coordinadora de las Organizaciones Populares (Spanish: Committee of Popular Organizations, Honduras)
- conditional constraint optimization problem
- Coordinating Committee for Geoscience Programmes in East and Southeast Asia (Bangkok, Thailand intergovernmental agency)
- Cryptologic Carry-On Program
- Cryptological Carry on Buffer
- Cooperative Convective Precipitation Experiment
- Cancer Care Ontario Practice Guidelines Initiative
- Council on Obstetric and Paediatric Mortality and Morbidity (Australia)
- Canadian Culture Of Peace Program
- Citizens Committee on Pipeline Safety (Olympia, WA)
- Concerned Citizens Opposed to Police States
Samples in periodicals archive:
2 million grant from the National Cancer Institute (NCI) of the National Institutes of Health (NIH) to establish the Nemours Community Clinical Oncology Program (CCOP), only the second of its kind in the United States.
The researchers used the University of Rochester Cancer Center Community Clinical Oncology Program (CCOP) Research Base to conduct a phase II/III randomized, controlled clinical trial at nine CCOP centers in the United States, examining the efficacy of yoga for improving sleep quality, fatigue, and quality of life among 410 cancer survivors who reported problems sleeping between 2 and 24 months after completing adjuvant therapy for their cancer.
NCCAM has awarded more than $1 million to Charles Loprinizi of the Community Clinical Oncology Program in Rochester, Minn, to study shark cartilages ability to heal advanced colorectal or breast cancer--an idea even some of CAM's biggest boosters, such as Dr.
The Community Clinical Oncology Program, made possible through a grant from the National Cancer Institute, examines the effectiveness of individual drugs or combination of drug therapies, radiation therapy, surgery and immune therapies.
In September 1983, the National Cancer Institute (NCI) introduced the Community Clinical Oncology Program as a mechanism for disseminating state-of-the-art cancer treatments and patient management techniques to community oncologists and their patients.
Community Clinical Oncology Program set out to determine whether additional treatment after surgery would improve the outlook for these patients.
Laufman has served as a principal investigator for the Columbus (OH) Community Clinical Oncology Program, an investigator for the Ohio State University Comprehensive Cancer Center, and president of Hematology Oncology Consultants.