The atmospheric component of the model is Community Climate Model 3.
What does CCM stand for?
CCM stands for Community Climate Model
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CCM
We have 708 other meanings of CCM in our Acronym Attic
- Commerzbank Capital Markets (Germany)
- Commission Centrale des Marchés (French: Central Markets Committee; various locations)
- Common Capability Model
- Common Channel Manager
- Common Channel Module
- Communauté de Communes de Montesquieu (French: Montesquieu Community of Communes)
- Communications Code Matrix
- Communications Control Mode
- Communications Controller Multichannel
- Communications in Contemporary Mathematics
- Community Corrections Manager (US Bureau of Prisons)
- Community of College Ministers
- Compagnie Corse Méditerranée (French airline; now Air Corsica)
- Companies Commission of Malaysia (est. 2002)
- Compartment Content Management (software)
- Complex Coordinate Method
- Comprehensive Case Management
- Comprehensive Client Manager (ON Command)
- Computational Chemistry and Materials Science
- Computer Containment Module
Samples in periodicals archive:
Lee, an atmospheric scientist, adapted the National Center for Atmospheric Research Community Climate Model for the study.
The report: (1) documents how the El Nino southern oscillation operates in the model, and how it is enhanced with increased carbon dioxide; (2) explores the possible carbon dioxide "fingerprint" in zonal mean temperatures; (3) discusses the effects of changes in extratropical teleconnections and the regional effects of low- frequency variability and climate change; and (4) experiments with an advanced version of the NCAR community climate model (CCM0) (which also includes the Ramanathan and Collins cirrus albedo feedback mechanism), which is run with a mixed layer and is tested with the 1-degree, 20-level, Semtner and Chervin ocean model.