Cable was really just an extension of community antenna television, or CATV, an attempt by country-dwellers to get broadcast signals into out-of-the-way places.
What does CATV stand for?
CATV stands for Community Antenna Television
This definition appears very frequently
See other definitions of CATV
We have 3 other meanings of CATV in our Acronym Attic
- Contrast, Analogy, Theory, Target, Tale (methodology of a discourse)
- Creating Alternative Thinking Through Theatre
- Canadian Association of Teachers of Technical Writing
- Ceramic and Allied Trades Union
- Computer Analysis and Technology Unit
- Council of Atlantic Telecommunications Unions
- Cable Television (aka Community Access Television)
- Cargo All-Terrain Vehicle
- Category V (Ethernet cabling)
- Community Access Television
- Canadian Aerospace and Transportation Workers
- Christmas Around the World (Museum of Science and Industry; Chicago, IL; Christmas tree exhibit)
- Coalition Against Trafficking in Women (est. 1998; various locations)
- Community Associations of The Woodlands (The Woodlands, Texas)
- Coalition Against Trafficking in Women - Asia Pacific
- Coalition Against Trafficking in Women Australia
- Coalition Against Trafficking in Women International
- Customer, Actors, Transformation Process, Weltanshauung, Owner/s Environmental Constraints (risk management; mnemonic of characteristics used in Soft Systems Methodology)
- Climb and Cross
- Christmas All the Year 'Round (holiday music website)
Samples in periodicals archive:
then the leading company in a new industry called Community Antenna Television.
407 (1984), the Claims Court determined that revenue collection and an FCC license were not prerequisites to a community antenna television (CATV) system partnership's carrying on a business if the partnership acquired a CATV system.
Additionally, for the first time, presidents of the Community Antenna Television Association Inc.
About Mitsubishi Electric and Mitsubishi Electronics America Mitsubishi Electric Corporation offers a diverse range of optoelectronic products for community antenna television (CATV) passive optical network system, synchronous optical network (SONET), fiber-in-the-loop (FitL), data communication, and test and instrumentation applications.
It has been designed for secure, reliable and cost-effective distribution of high-quality video and stereo audio to community antenna television (CATV) and satellite master antenna television (SMATV) operators as well as the direct broadcast satellite (DBS) consumer.
18, 1997--The Electronic Device Group of Mitsubishi Electronics America today announced a cost-effective distributed feedback laser diode (DFB-LD) module for community antenna television (CATV) return-path applications.