The UWSA, formed from ethnic minorities seeking autonomy or independence from Myanmar and former members of the Communist Party of Burma, now appears to be turning more to drug-running than to "freedom fighting.
What does CPB stand for?
CPB stands for Communist Party of Burma
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CPB
We have 162 other meanings of CPB in our Acronym Attic
- Coastal Patrol Boat (USCG)
- Cocoa Pod Borer (crop pest)
- Coded Picture Buffer (digital TV)
- Coley Porter Bell (UK; design firm)
- Colorado Potato Beetle (Leptinotarsa Decemlineata)
- Comitato Pendolari di Bergamo
- Commission Paritaire de Branche (French: Joint Branch Committee)
- Committee to Protect Bloggers
- Communist Party of Bangladesh
- Communist Party of Britain
- Community Policing Bureau
- Compagnie Parisienne de Bâtiment (French: Parisian Construction Company; Paris, France)
- Computer Program Book
- Concrete Placing Boom (construction)
- Conducting Personal Business (on the job)
- Conference Program Board
- Configuration Policy Board
- Congress Parliamentary Board
- Constant Prepayment on the Balloon
- Consumer Protection Board (State of New York)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The UWSA, originally formed from ethnic minorities seeking autonomy from Myanmar and the former armed wing of the Communist Party of Burma, signed a peace agreement with Yangon in 1989.