; died Tuesday in Kunar province, Afghanistan, while supporting combat operations; assigned to the 7th Communications Battalion, 3rd Marine Headquarters Group, III Marine Expeditionary Force, Okinawa, Japan.
What does COMMBN stand for?
COMMBN stands for Communications Battalion
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Commander, Marine Corps Forces (US DoD)
- Commander Marine Forces Command (US Marine Corps)
- Commander Marine Force Atlantic
- Commander, US Marine Corps Forces, Pacific
- Commander Marine Forces South Asia
- Commander Marine Force Southwest Asia
- Collaborative Model for Multiscale Atmospheric Simulation
- Commonwealth Medical Trust (UK)
- Commander Material Command
- Commander, Medium Attack Tactical Electronic Warfare Wing, US Pacific Fleet (Whidbey Island)
- Communications Center
- Communications Countermeasures
- Communications Control
- Command Center
- Communications Deception
- Commander, Maritime Defense Zone (US DoD)
- Commerce and Economics (Government College, Karachi, Pakistan)
- Communications and Electronics
- Congress on Materials and Manufacturing Engineering and Technology
- Creighton Online Multiple Modular Expert System (nursing system)
Samples in periodicals archive:
7TH COMMUNICATIONS BATTALION 1ST MARINE DIVISION--June 21-25, 2006, Jacksonville, North Carolina, Contact David Haage, Phone (309) 221-4740, Email haage@insightbb.
Sweeney commands the 8th Communications Battalion, II MEF.
With six LMSTs, the Marine's 7th Communications Battalion utilizes the largest number of the terminals and is the most experienced with their operation.
Marines, 9th Communications Battalion, Officer in Charge The SMART-T communicates with the Milstar satellites over the EHF, or protected, part of the frequency band.
Prior to that, Shea commanded numerous USMC and joint units, including a tour as Commander, 9th Communications Battalion during Operations Desert Shield and Desert Storm.