Baxter's assets based on the purported common law marriage.
What does CLM stand for?
CLM stands for Common Law Marriage
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of CLM
We have 179 other meanings of CLM in our Acronym Attic
- Cloud Lifecycle Management (BMC Software)
- Coastal Luxury Management (Canada)
- Coated Launch Motor (solid rocket motor design)
- College-Level Mathematics
- Colorectal Liver Metastases (disease)
- Command Lesson Manager (US Army)
- Command, Leadership and Management
- Comme un Lundi Matin (French: As a Monday Morning; web magazine)
- Commerce, Law and Management (University of the Witwatersrand; South Africa)
- Commercial Lines Manual
- Communications Link Monitor
- Community Leisure Management (New Zealand)
- Compact Lisp Machine
- Compagnie Lilloise de Moteurs (French: Lille Motor Company; Lille, France)
- Competent Learner Model (teaching program)
- Computer Lab Management (University of California, Davis)
- Concise Learning Method (education)
- Concordia Lutheran Ministries (Pennsylvania)
- Conditional Logit Model
- Congés de Longue Maladie (French: Extended Sick Leave)
Samples in periodicals archive:
There is no such thing as common law marriage in England and Wales.
They discuss the importance of a will, especially for those with children and businesses; types; the estate planning team; marriage issues; life insurance; pensions and retirement accounts; beneficiaries and gifts; executors; providing for children; will challenges; special considerations like dependents with special needs, same-sex unions, common law marriages, sudden riches or debt, and taxes; using trusts; medical decisions and incapacity; and final life decisions.
Even though Larsson and Gabrielsson were a couple for 32 years, there is somewhat surprisingly no common law marriage in progressive Sweden.
Gay couples are considered “married” through common law marriages, but there is no official matrimony.
It also examines the conflict between laws when one state attempts to determine or recognize a common law marriage from another state, cultural and moral issues, the lack of protection against personal integrity, and legal requirements of common law marriage.
In fact the concept of a common law marriage is often misunderstood - it has only been found to exist on a couple of occasions since 1945, where the exceptional circumstances have been met to justify a couple not having followed the usual formalities for getting married.
Many cohabiting couples wrongly believe that a common law marriage and joint mortgage payment entitle them to the same legal inheritance rights as married couples.