Over the years, IT staff wrote common gateway interface scripts to help users find videos on the system.
What does CGI stand for?
CGI stands for Common Gateway Interface (web scripting facility)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of CGI
We have 216 other meanings of CGI in our Acronym Attic
- Clean Gas Induction (emissions reduction technology)
- Clinical Global Impression
- Clinton Global Initiative
- Coast Guard Institute (Oklahoma City, OK)
- Code Général des Impôts (French Tax Code)
- Cognitively Guided Instruction
- Columbia Grain International, Inc
- Combustible Gas Indicator
- Commanding General Inspection
- Commercial Grade Item
- Common Grounds Internet Cafe (an Internet Cafe in Buffalo, NY)
- Common Guard Interface
- Compacted Graphite Iron
- Compagnie Générale des Insecticides (French: General Insecticides Company)
- Compuserve Graphics Interchange
- Computer Generated Interface
- Computer Graphics Interface
- Computer Graphics International (conference)
- Computer-Generated Imagery (movie industry)
- Conseillers en Gestion et Informatique (French: Information Systems and Management Consultants)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Extensive Security Reports: Ships with pre-configured security reports including SANS Priority One, Common Gateway Interface (CGI) Banner exams and Remote Procedure Calls (RPC) scanner reports.
The interface itself is written using PHP, a widely used open source scripting language, resulting in much higher performance than is possible with Nagios' current interface built using Common Gateway Interface (CGI) scripts.
4, which now provides support for any third-party Web server that supports the Common Gateway Interface (CGI) or FastCGI protocol mechanism.
Since being introduced in 1996, PeriProducer, Periphonics' graphical application development tool, and PeriWeb have enabled application specialists to build applications without the need for C programming or Common Gateway Interface development.
Authorization Server delivers this protection without requiring any changes to applications, such as Web pages and applets, server-side Common Gateway Interface (CGI), and Java(TM) based programs and back-end applications.
The initial site is being finished utilizing state of the art common gateway interface (CGI) scripting technology, retrieving real-time data from a SQL server database using Active Server Pages (ASP) developed by Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT).
We have performed tests comparing this latest version to Perl Common Gateway Interface (CGI) and competitors and the results are clear: when it comes to speed, PerlEx significantly outperforms the others.