It is designed to support advanced signaling systems, such as Common Channel Signaling System 7 (CCSS7) and Integrated Service Digital Network (ISDN), as well as Intelligent Network (IN) and Advanced Intelligent Network (AIN) capabilities.
What does CCSS stand for?
CCSS stands for Common Channel Signaling System
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of CCSS
We have 165 other meanings of CCSS in our Acronym Attic
- Combat Command Support System
- Combat Communications Support Squadron
- Combat Cryptologic Support System
- Command & Control Switching Systems
- Command and Control Simulation System
- Command Center Support System
- Command Commodity Supply System
- Commercial Closed Source Software
- Commission des Comptes de la Sécurité Sociale (French: Social Security Accounts Commission)
- Commodity Command Standard System
- Common Core State Standards (various locations)
- Communications Channel Signalling System
- Communications-Computer Systems Security
- Community Charge for Standard Spending (UK)
- Comprehensive Community Support Services (New Mexico)
- Computer Crime and Security Survey
- Conference of the Cognitive Science Society
- Consolidated Critical Support System
- Controlled Copy Support Systems, Inc
- Coordinating Committee on the Social Sector
Samples in periodicals archive:
Building on 12 years of signaling experience with products deployed in over 70 countries, Cronus Communications has created the SignalPath 200 to be the interface solution for common channel signaling systems such as SS7/C7 and Primary Rate ISDN (PRI) applications, while also addressing applications based on R2 signaling.
DSC's STP products are designed to offer exceptional throughput, reliability and signaling link capacity to support message switching for Common Channel Signaling Systems based on Signaling System No.
Among other responsibilities, he formulated the technical standards for adoption of Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM) on Synchronous Optical Network (SONET), and also managed formulation and standardization of Common Channel Signaling System #7 (CCS 7) architecture.
Signaling System 7 (SS7) is an out-of-band common channel signaling system which optimizes network efficiency and offers total network routing flexibility for long-distance telephone transmissions.