The left vertebral artery may originate from: * the left common carotid artery * the root of the left subclavian artery close to the aortic arch, or * directly from the aortic arch.
What does CCA stand for?
CCA stands for Common Carotid Artery
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CCA
We have 955 other meanings of CCA in our Acronym Attic
- Comisión de Ciencias Atmosféricas (Spanish: Commission for Atmospheric Sciences)
- Comisión para la Cooperación Ambiential de América del Norte (North American Free Trade Agreement Agency)
- Command and Control Agency (NATO)
- Command C4ISR (Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance) Architecture (US DoD)
- Commands and Colors: Ancients (gaming)
- Commercial Closet Association (New York)
- Commercial Concept Animation (Troyes, France)
- Commission de Contrôle des Assurances (French: Committee on Insurance Supervision)
- Committee for Capturing Abstractions
- Committee on Child Abuse (Hong Kong Social Welfare Department)
- Common Certification Authority (Canada)
- Common Configuration Architecture (Cisco)
- Common Country Assessment
- Common Cryptographic Algorithm
- Commonwealth Copyright Administration (Australia)
- Communauté de Communes de l'Arpajonnais (French: Community of Arpajonnais Communes; Arpajon, France)
- Communauté de Communes de l'Artois (French: Community of Communes of Artois; Artois, France)
- Communications Carrier Assembly
- Communist Control Act of 1954
- Communities, Cultural Affairs and Labour (Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Contrast-enhanced computed tomography detected a heterogeneous mass that had arisen above the bifurcation of the left common carotid artery and had extended to near the skull base.
For the secondary outcomes, which included four segments of the common carotid artery and eight segments of the common carotid and bifurcation sites, the long-acting basal insulin resulted in slight but statistically significant annualized differences in maximum CIMT of -0.
We measured the thickness of the intima-media on the far wall of the bilateral common carotid artery about 10-mm proximal to the bifurcation of the carotid arteries on the B-mode monitor and used the mean values for the study.
The internal branch of the SLN is accompanied by the superior laryngeal artery, which is a branch of superior thyroid artery, which in turn is the first branch of external carotid artery immediately after bifurcation of the common carotid artery.
Postembolization left vertebral, left internal, and right common carotid artery angiography demonstrated complete occlusion of the fistula and cessation of contrast extravasation at the skull base.
Ultrasound of the common carotid artery was performed to identify vascular calcification and subjects were divided into 2 groups: a calcification (+) group and a calcification (-) group.
It is comprised of two small balloons that are inflated in the external carotid artery and the common carotid artery to suspend blood flow during the stenting procedure.