The Common Birds Census, carried out by the British Trust for Ornithology, found significant improvements on the figures for the past 25 years.
What does CBC stand for?
CBC stands for Common Birds Census (UK)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CBC
We have 769 other meanings of CBC in our Acronym Attic
- Colombes Bridge Club (France)
- Colorado Beef Council
- Columbia Basin College (Pasco, WA, USA)
- Combined BMEWS Conference
- Comcast Business Communications
- Command Bus Company
- Commercial Bank-Cameroun (Cameroon)
- Commercial Banking Centre
- Commission des Biens Culturels
- Committees, Boards and Commissions (various locations)
- Common Booster Core (missile technology)
- Commonwealth Business Council (UK)
- Communications for Behavioural Change
- Communion Biblique des Campus (French: University Bible Fellowship; various locations)
- Communities Building Community (various locations)
- Community Based Care
- Community Based Conservation
- Community Bible Church
- Community Business Center (various organizations)
- Companhia Brasileira de Cartuchos (Portuguese: Brazilian Company of Cartridges; Brazil)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Between 1970 and 1998, for example, the Common Birds Census found an 82 percent decline in grey partridge numbers, a 55 percent decline in song thrush populations, and a 52 percent drop in skylark populations.
These findings follow the annual Common Birds Census which is conducted annually between March and July by volunteers who make ten separate visits to designated sites across the country.