THE internationalisation of the Common Admission Test ( CAT) may not be too far.
What does CAT stand for?
CAT stands for Common Admission Test (India)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of CAT
We have 904 other meanings of CAT in our Acronym Attic
- Combining Context with Trust, Security and Privacy (workshop)
- Comitê de Assessoramento Técnico (Portuguese: Technical Advisory Committee)
- Command Action Team
- Commercial Activity Tax (Ohio)
- Commercial Air Transport
- Committee against Torture (UN)
- Committee for Advanced Therapies (EU)
- Committee of Anaesthetists in Training of Sheffield
- Committee on Applications and Technology
- Commodity Action Team
- Common Aptitude Test
- Common Assessment Task
- Common Authentication Technology (IETF)
- Communauté de l'Agglomération Troyenne (French: Community of Troyes; now Communauté du Grand Troyes)
- Communications Assist Team
- Communications Assistance Center
- Community Action Team
- Community-Aided Transport (public transporation; UK)
- Compact Audio Technology
- Compagnie Armoricaine de Transport (French: Armoricaine Transport Company; various locations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Engineer Dinesh Negi first thought of having a go at the CAT, the common admission test for the Indian Institutes of Management, in 2004 while working in a software firm.
Byline: ANI New Delhi, Dec 16 (ANI): Displeased over thousands of students failing to write the Common Admission Test (CAT) on account of technical problems, the Human Resource Development (HRD) Ministry has today called for a meeting of all IIM directors to discuss the issue and express its concerns.
Earlier, the department's website was hacked in June during the Common Admission Test for English ( CATE) was on.
Byline: ANI Ahmedabad/Bangalore, Dec 1 (ANI): All candidates who could not write the Common Admission Test (CAT) for admission to prestigious business schools across the country due to a technical glitch, would be given one more chance, officials said here on Monday.
Despite their request, the six new Indian Institutes of Management or IIMs -- in Ranchi, Rohtak, Trichy, Udaipur, Kashipur and Raipur -- are not part of the Common Admission Test ( CAT) 2012 preparation process; a decision that has not gone down well with them.
Byline: ANI New Delhi, Nov 28 (ANI) : The Common Admission Test (CAT) which is being conducted through computers for the first time, kicked off on Saturday.
DELHI University's Common Admission Test for English ( CATE), 2012 went by hitch- free on Saturday with nearly 15,000 aspirants appearing for it.