The House Committee on Un-American Activities grew out of other temporary committees created to investigate Nazi propaganda and Communist influence in the U.
What does CUAA stand for?
CUAA stands for Committee on Un-American Activities (US)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CUAA
We have 3 other meanings of CUAA in our Acronym Attic
- Concordia University at Austin (Austin, TX)
- Connection Update Acknowledge
- Cost Utility Analysis
- Credit Union Atlantic (Nova Scotia, Canada)
- Credit Union Australia
- Cross-, Up-Selling and Accessories Products (SAP Internet Sales Web-Shop)
- CU Aerospace (Champaign, Illinois)
- Cystoscopy Under Anesthesia
- Canadian University Athletic Association
- Codice Unico delle Aziende Agricole (Italian: Unified Code of Farms)
- Concordia University Alumni Association (Montreal, Canada)
- Concordia University Ann Arbor (Ann Arbor, Michigan)
- Cooper Union Alumni Association (est. 1936; New York, NY)
- Center for Urban and African American Health (Wayne State University; Detroit, MI)
- Carolina Union Activities Board
- Comité pour l'Unité Administrative de la Bretagne (French: Commitee for Breton reunification)
- Canadian Union Advantage Benefit Programs
- Credit Union Auto Buying Service (Winston-Salem, NC)
- Cambridge University Automobile Club (UK)
- Cartographic Users Advisory Council
Samples in periodicals archive:
Noble, an American interred by both Germany and the Soviet Union, whose writing includes much information on foreign prisoners; and Nicholas Prychodko, a Ukrainian arrested and imprisoned for 21 months, who testified before the House Committee on Un-American Activities.
Investigations of actors and actresses and the ``Hollywood Ten'' were conducted by the House Committee on Un-American Activities.
The NLG had been identified by the House Committee on Un-American Activities (as far back as 1950) as "the foremost legal bulwark of the Communist Party.
Exhibit areas in the library trace the genesis of Nixon's political career: his victory in a local Congressional race (1946), his zeal as a member of the House Committee on Un-American Activities, his mud-slinging victory over Helen Gahagan Douglas for one of California's U.
In 1949, former Communist Manning Johnson (who had been in the party from 1930 to 1940, but then became an ardent anti-Communist) was called to testify before the House Committee on Un-American Activities, which was conducting a series of hearings entitled "Communist Infiltration of Minority Groups.
The House Committee on Un-American Activities was misidentified as ``the House Un-American Activities Committee'' to give the impression that the House of Representatives was un-American.
The committee's actual name was "House Committee on Un-American Activities.