The NIV update was completed in the fall of 2010 after years of rigorous translation work by the Committee on Bible Translation (CBT - www.
What does CBT stand for?
CBT stands for Committee on Bible Translation (est. 1965)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CBT
We have 219 other meanings of CBT in our Acronym Attic
- Cock and Ball Torture
- Code Based Testing
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy
- College Basketball Talk (National Broadcasting Company)
- Colorblindness, Tritan
- Columbia Basin Trust (British Columbia, Canada)
- Combating Terrorism (US DoD)
- Comic Book Archive (file extension)
- Coming Back Together
- Common Battery Terminal (US DoD)
- Common Bridge Transporter
- Commonwealth Bank Trophy (Australian netball)
- Community Bank Technology (various companies)
- Community Based Treatment (various locations)
- Complete Binary Tree
- Component Based Technology
- Comptoir Belge de Télécommunications (French: Belgian Telecommunications Counter; Belgium)
- Compulsory Basic Training (motorcycles, UK)
- Compulsory Bike Test (motorcycle test in UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
They included nine members of the Committee on Bible Translation, the original translators and continuing caretakers of the NIV.
The NIV update was completed in the fall of 2010 after years of rigorous translation work by the Committee on Bible Translation (CBT).
The TNIV has been in development for nearly a decade under the direction of the Committee on Bible Translation, or CBT, a fully independent group of top evangelical scholars from around the world.
The TNIV was developed by the Committee on Bible Translation (CBT) -- the same group that produced the NIV, the most widely read translation today.
Ronald Youngblood, chair of the IBS board of directors and a member of the Committee on Bible Translation (CBT), the group that developed the TNIV.