But, because El Salvador is completely downstream from that river, the effects will be much more severe in El Salvador than they will be in Guatemala," said Alexis Stoumbelis, executive director of the Committee in Solidarity with the People of El Salvador (CISPES).
What does CISPES stand for?
CISPES stands for Committee in Solidarity with the People of El Salvador
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Counterintelligence Support Plan
- Critical Infrastructure Security Project (USACE)
- CTC Instrumentation Systems Plan/Program
- California Internet Service Provider Association
- Cayman Islands Society of Professional Accountants
- Coalition of Independent Salvage Pools of America (Las Vegas, NV)
- Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act
- Contractor Instruction Services Naval Air Force Us Pacific Fleet
- Crisis Intervention and Suicide Prevention Center
- Civil Service and Public Employment (government department; East Timor)
- Cast Iron Soil Pipe Institute
- Chicago chapter of International Society for Performance Improvement
- Chicago International Society for Performance Improvement (work; Illinois)
- Centre d'Instruction au Sol du Personnel Navigant (French)
- China Initiatives and Special Projects (Arizona State University)
- Combat Identification System Program Office
- Combat Identification Systems Program Office
- Combat Identification Systems Project Office
- Carnivals in Somerset Promotion Project (UK; est. 2009)
- Comité International Spécial des Perturbations Radioélectriques (French: Special International Committee on Radio Interference; est. 1934)
Samples in periodicals archive:
During a 2000 interview, Don White, a Los Angeles-based organizer with the Committee in Solidarity with the People of El Salvador (CISPES), recalled how North Americans were brought into Central American solidarity work: Very early in the 80s, the different tendencies from El Salvador then began to develop their projects.
based Committee in Solidarity with the People of El Salvador (CISPES).