The fourth star and new advisory role follow recommendations by the Commission on the National Guard and Reserves and last year's Defense Authorization Act, in which Congress also established the Guard as a joint activity of the Department of Defense.
What does CNGR stand for?
CNGR stands for Commission on the National Guard and Reserves
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of CNGR
We have 1 other meaning of CNGR in our Acronym Attic
- China National Gold Group Corporation (Beijing)
- Catholic Nurses' Guild of India (est. 1957)
- Center for Nutrient Gene Interaction (University of Alabama)
- China Next Generation Internet
- Compressed Natural Gas Infrastructure Program (Australia)
- Centre for Next Generation Localisation (Ireland)
- Continental Natural Gas & Liquids, Inc. (Calgary, Alberta, Canada)
- Council of Non Governmental Organizations
- Collège National des Gynécologues et Obstétriciens Français (French)
- China National Grain and Oils Information Center
- Crisis Nursery of Greater Rochester (Rochester, NY)
- Centre for Non-Governmental Sectors (Sri Lanka)
- CERN Neutrino to Gran Sasso (particle physics)
- Capillary Non-Gel Sieving Electrophoresis
- Calpine Natural Gas Trust (Canada)
- Consejo Nacional de Gobierno Transitorio
- Consolidated Natural Gas Transmission (Carrollton, OH)
- Center for Next Generation Video (Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute)
- Compressed Natural Gas Vehicle (alternative fuel automobile)
- Canadian Natural Gas Vehicle Alliance (Ontario, Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In 2005, Congress tasked the Commission on the National Guard and Reserves (CNGR), also known as the Punaro Commission, to review all aspects of the National Guard.
The Commission on the National Guard and Reserves delivered its findings to Congress and Pentagon officials Jan.
Sherrard III, who retired as AFRC commander in June 2004, is among a group of senior military and civilian leaders selected to serve on the Commission on the National Guard and Reserves.