The lists indicated that organisations ranging from the Health Protection Agency to the Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority, Commission for Integrated Transport and School Food Trust are in line for the axe.
What does CfIT stand for?
CfIT stands for Commission for Integrated Transport (UK)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of CfIT
We have 15 other meanings of CfIT in our Acronym Attic
- Corona Fundamental Intermediate School (Corona, CA)
- Central Florida Industrial Security Awareness Council
- Cypress Fairbanks Independent School District (School district in Houston, Texas)
- Canadian Food Inspection System Implementation Group
- Centrally Funded Initiatives and Services and Special Allocations (Department of Health; UK)
- Canadian Foundation for the International Space University
- Center for Instructional Technology (Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania; Slippery Rock, PA)
- Centre for Inclusive Technology (est. 2005; National Council for the Blind of Ireland)
- Certified Fire Investigation Technician (International Assoication of Arson Investigators)
- Coalition for ICANN (Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers) Transparency
- Commission on the Franciscan Intellectual Tradition (Christian monks)
- Controlled Flight into Terrain
- Canadian Forces Individual Training and Education System
- Canadian Forces Individual Training System
- Center for Forensics, Information Technology and Security (University of South Alabama School of Computing)
- Center For Information Technology Standards (DISA)
- C Flexible Image Transport System Input/Output
- Combined Forces Identity Theft Team (Canada)
- Cambodian Federation of Independent Trade Unions
- Child and Family Investigation Unit (Australia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Other quangos due for the chop include the Commission for Rural Communities, the Commission for Integrated Transport, the School Food Trust and the Sustainable Development Commission.
These are not my words but those of the UK's Commission for Integrated Transport.
Although Sir Trevor was knighted by the Tories in 1990, he has donated money to Labour and was vice-chair of the Commission for Integrated Transport for five years while Tony Blair was in office.
The Commission for Integrated Transport expects to test the technology on some of its vehicles within the next few months so speed limiters may be a reality on our roads sooner than we think.
The breakfast meeting had earlier heard Garrett Emmerson of the Commission for Integrated Transport outline the work of the organisation.
Tom van Vuren, who works at the Birmingham office of engineering and transport consultancy Mott MacDonald, will offer his expertise to the Commission for Integrated Transport.
Under the proposals from the Commission for Integrated Transport, charges for using roads would vary according to location and time of day.