On the accomplishments section of his official website, the beach-district congressman lists his work on commercial space first, boasting in particular about serving as chairman of the Subcommittee on Space and Aeronautics from 1997 to January 2005, "having been given a two-year waiver to serve beyond the normal six-year term limit," and helping enact the Commercial Space Launch Amendments Act, which sheltered start-up commercial space companies from overly burdensome regulation.
What does CSLAA stand for?
CSLAA stands for Commercial Space Launch Amendments Act
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- COMSUBLANT Alt (Commander Submarine Force, Atlantic Fleet, Alternate)
- Context Switching Logic Array
- Continuous Systems-Level Assessment
- Contract Service Level Agreement
- Corporate and Securities Law Association
- Coupled Sectorial Loop Antenna
- Courts and Legal Services Act 1990 (UK)
- Criticality Safety Limit Approval
- Customer Service Level Agreement
- Czecho Slovak Liberation Army (Unreal clan)
- Canadian Society of Landscape Architects Accreditation Council
- Computing Systems Laboratory (National Technical University of Athens, Greece)
- Civil Service and Local Appointments Commission
- Combat System Local Area Network
- Citizens Statewide Lake Assessment Program (New York)
- Cadastral Surveyors Licensing Board (New Zealand)
- California State License Board (construction industry regulation)
- Casein-Soya-Lactose Broth (bacteria culturing)
- Coincidence-Site-Lattice Boundary
- Contractors State License Board
Samples in periodicals archive:
Apr 12, 2009 US law regulating commercial human spaceflight dates to 2004 and the Commercial Space Launch Amendments Act (CSLAA), created to balance the needs of public safety with the technological immaturity of a tourism industry that did not yet exist.
The Commercial Space Launch Amendments Act, signed into law in December 2004, "starts to touch on these issues of liability, but we may need to revisit these issues as the industry gets off the ground, and we will have to think more about how interlocking regulations and schemes fit together," he said.
Key Points * The Commercial Space Launch Amendments Act limits the liability for companies involved with commercial space travel.
In December, Congress passed the Commercial Space Launch Amendments Act of 2004, which requires the Federal Aviation Administration to regulate the industry, but for the next eight years that regulation is primarily focused on protecting people not involved with the flight.
In March, in an effort to reduce the regulatory barriers to private spaceflight, the House of Representatives passed the Commercial Space Launch Amendments Act of 2004, aimed at streamlining the process for entrepreneurs to get permission to launch travelers into space.
The PSF, formed in early 2005 after Congress's passage of the Commercial Space Launch Amendments Act, is an industry association working to share best practices and expertise amongst its members in order to establish ever-higher levels of safety for the burgeoning industry and to promote its growth worldwide.
The White House announced the president had signed HR 5382, the Commercial Space Launch Amendments Act of 2004, a bill sponsored by Rep.