IIDBT re-engineered the daily operational brief utilizing commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) products to access and share information using XML Web services within the Navy's intranet.
What does COTS stand for?
COTS stands for Commercial Off-The-Shelf (products)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of COTS
We have 58 other meanings of COTS in our Acronym Attic
- Chapter Operations Training Seminar
- Cheap Off the Shelf
- Childlessness Overcome Through Surrogacy
- Children of the Sun (song)
- Chronicles of the Sword (gaming)
- Church on the Street (religious program)
- Clean, Oil, Test and Stencil (railway brake systems)
- Cleaned, Oiled, Tested and Stenciled (railroad air brakes)
- Coalition on Temporary Shelter (Detroit, Michigan)
- Commercial off-the-Shelf
- Commercial Orbital Transportation Services (NASA commercial program to develop a vehicle that can reach low earth orbit)
- Committee On Technical Security
- Committee On Temporary Shelter
- Component Off the Shelf (software development)
- Consideration of Others Training Seminar
- Container Offloading & Transfer System
- Corrected on the Spot
- Council on Technology Services
- Crest of the Stars (anime)
Samples in periodicals archive:
and TRW said flight tests with an F-117 stealth fighter showed commercial off-the-shelf computer hardware could be used to replace aging military computer equipment.
If you take advantage of the `best practices' that are now inherent in Oracle Financials by changing your business processes to work within the commercial off-the-shelf solution," said DeCelles, "you avoid the pitfalls of concentrating your scarce human and financial resources on making software changes.
The manufacture of these Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS)-based systems will be performed by the company's DRS Laurel Technologies unit in Johnstown, Pennsylvania.
The SCOPE Alliance, an association of leading network equipment providers, today announced that Sun Microsystems, Wind River, GoAhead Software and Interphase have joined the Alliance committing to support SCOPE's mission of enabling and promoting the availability and interoperability of open Carrier Grade Base Platforms based on Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) building blocks.
Crossflo DataExchange is a commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) product specifically designed for secure, inter-agency data exchange.
Software Agreement Under the software agreement, CDW-G was named a strategic sourcing partner for CPS and has won a contract to provide commercial off-the-shelf software, including Microsoft.
It integrates both new and legacy technologies, Commercial Off-the-Shelf Technology (COTS) and Government Off-the-Shelf Technology (GOTS) software systems, a comprehensive Concept of Operations and rapid response capabilities to address Customs and Border Protection operational needs.