Beginning with an overview of general insurance law concepts, the work covers topics such as tailored practical liability insurance programs, commercial general liability, professional insurance, director's and officer's liability, fiduciary liability insurance, employment liability law and crime insurance.
What does CGL stand for?
CGL stands for Commercial General Liability
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of CGL
We have 91 other meanings of CGL in our Acronym Attic
- Cercle Généalogique de Languedoc (French: Languedoc Genealogy Circle; Languedoc, France)
- Certified Genealogical Lecturer
- Charleston Gas Light (Charleston Gas Light)
- Chevron Global Lubricants (various locations)
- Child Graddon Lewis Architects
- Christian Gays and Lesbians Association
- Chronic Granulocytic Leukemia
- Circling Guidance Light (airport runway lighting)
- Clinical Governance Lead (health authorities; UK)
- Command Guard List
- Compagnie Générale de Location (French: General Rental Company)
- Comprehensive General Liability (insurance)
- Computational Genetics Laboratory (University of Minnesota)
- Computer Graphics Laboratory
- Concert Group Logistics LLC (Downers Grove, Illinois)
- Conditions Générales de Location (French: General Rental Conditions)
- Confédération Générale du Logement (French: General Confederation of Housing)
- Congenital Generalized Lipodystrophy
- Continuous Galvanizing Line
- Core Gamma Log (oil industry)
Samples in periodicals archive:
While media companies have always had to purchase special insurance coverage for intellectual property and other risks arising from their publishing or broadcasting activities, in the past nonmedia companies could rely upon their commercial general liability policies to provide coverage for claims arising from their marketing activities.
Most companies carry commercial general liability insurance and/or product liability coverage, which would cover the people who were hurt by ingesting tainted spinach.
Schedule A insurance requirements invariably include, at a minimum, 100% performance and payment (surety) bonds, workers compensation coverage, commercial general liability insurance automobile liability insurance and builder's risk insurance.
Likewise, commercial general liability (CGL) insurers are moving to limit their potential exposure, reports Bill Wilson, director of the Big "I" Virtual University, an online education facility operated by the Alexandria, Va.
Maximum limits for commercial general liability, including: products/completed operations $1 million per occurrence, $2 million general aggregate, $2 million products/completed operations, aggregate.
Editorial covers such topics as: construction lending, including lender liability, insurance and indemnification issues, including builder's risk insurance, commercial general liability insurance and worker's compensation, building codes, requirements, violations and building official liability, construction industry bands and sureties, defenses available to a construction industry surety, bad faith, and, design services agreements.
Commercial general liability (CGL) endorsements are discussed in Chapter 6.