There was no sex, no violence and no foul language--the Comics Code Authority had already sanitized every single page of each issue.
What does CCA stand for?
CCA stands for Comics Code Authority
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CCA
We have 955 other meanings of CCA in our Acronym Attic
- Cold Cranking Amps (automobile battery rating)
- Collaborative Communications Alliance
- Collections Council of Australia (est. 2004; Cultural Ministers Council)
- Collegiate Commissioners Association
- Colmar Centre Alsace (French: Alsace Colmar Center; Alsace, France)
- Colon Cancer Alliance
- Colorado Contractors Association (trade association)
- Combat Coded Aircraft
- Combatant Clergy Association
- Comelones Compulsivos Anónimos (Spanish: Compulsive Overeaters Anonymous)
- Comisión de Ciencias Atmosféricas (Spanish: Commission for Atmospheric Sciences)
- Comisión para la Cooperación Ambiential de América del Norte (North American Free Trade Agreement Agency)
- Command and Control Agency (NATO)
- Command C4ISR (Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance) Architecture (US DoD)
- Commands and Colors: Ancients (gaming)
- Commercial Closet Association (New York)
- Commercial Concept Animation (Troyes, France)
- Commission de Contrôle des Assurances (French: Committee on Insurance Supervision)
- Committee for Capturing Abstractions
- Committee on Child Abuse (Hong Kong Social Welfare Department)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Until this strip, underground comics were primarily outrageous, derisive and raucous attacks on puritanical and puerile comic book conventions imposed by the infamous Comics Code Authority (the industry's self-regulatory body) on the comics publishers during the McCarthy era.
Sensing a losing battle, the publishers developed the now infamous Comics Code Authority to censor their own content.
Any comic that didn't receive the Seal of Approval from the Comics Code Authority would not be displayed by wholesalers.