The products sold include the cancer drug Oncaspar, fungal infection treatment Abelcet, meningitis drug DepoCyt, and Adagen, which is used for severe combined immunodeficiency disease, or "Bubble Boy Disease.
What does CID stand for?
CID stands for Combined Immunodeficiency Disease
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CID
We have 320 other meanings of CID in our Acronym Attic
- Client Interface Device
- Clinical Infectious Disease (journal)
- Club Informatique Domontois (French computer club)
- Cognitive-Based Information Design (graphic design)
- Collège Interarmées de Défense (French: Interarmed Forces Defence College, France)
- Collision Induced Dissociation
- Combat Identification
- Combat Integration Division
- Combat Intelligence Database
- Combat Intelligence Division (US DoD)
- Combined Immunological Deficiency
- Command Information Division
- Commanders Integrated Display
- Commanders Intelligent Display
- Commercial Importation Distribution (France)
- Commercial Item Description
- Committee of Imperial Defense (UK)
- Committee on Infectious Diseases
- Common Intelligence Database
- Common Interest Development
Samples in periodicals archive:
The strategy should work to treat hemophilia, thalassemia and severe combined immunodeficiency disease (the so-called bubble boy disease), Daley said.
29, 2005, during testing of a stool sample from a 7-month-old infant with severe combined immunodeficiency disease.
Both fetuses were found to have a condition known as severe combined immunodeficiency disease (SCID), in which the fetal immune system does not develop enough of certain infection-fighting cells known as T-cells, according to Evans.
The recent arrival on the market of a modified glucocerebrosidase (Ceredase) for Gaucher's Disease and last year's approval of PEG-adenosine deaminase for severe combined immunodeficiency disease illustrate the growing capabilities of the pharmaceutical industry to provide endogenous compounds that patients are lacking.
ADA deficiency is one cause of severe combined immunodeficiency disease (SCID), sometimes known as the "bubble boy' disease, named for the Texas boy who lived most of his life in a sterile bubble.
Severe Combined Immunodeficiency Disease (Fabio Candotti).
The program focuses on a child who was transplanted with cord blood stem cells at the age of 1 year, after his older brother died of the same disease, combined immunodeficiency disease (CID), following an adult bone marrow transplant.