The lives of both men were saved by some quick-witted actions from patrol members, including a lance corporal combat medical technician from 2 RGR and three other Gunners, one of whom was an attached Australian Gunner.
What does CMT stand for?
CMT stands for Combat Medical Technician (British Army Royal Army Medical Corps)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of CMT
We have 407 other meanings of CMT in our Acronym Attic
- Chip Multi-Threading (Sun Microsystems)
- Chiropractic Manipulative Therapy
- Chronic Mebendazole Therapy
- Chronic Multiple Tic (syndrome)
- Circus Movement Tachycardia
- Citizen's Military Training (Philippines)
- Coaching, Mentoring, Training
- Collectionneurs de Médailles Touristiques (French: Tourist Medal Collectors)
- Combat Maneuver Training
- Combat Mission Trainer
- Comisión de Mercado de las Telcomunicaciones
- Comisión del Mercado de las Telecomunicaciones (Spain)
- Comité Martiniquais du Tourisme (French: Martinique Tourism Committee; Martinique)
- Commie Mutant Traitor (role playing game)
- Committee of Ministers of Trade (South Africa)
- Common Military Training (Australian military)
- Communication Management Team (various businesses)
- Communications, Media and Technology (various organizations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Combat medical technician Michael Gleeson arrived at the scene within minutes.
The former combat medical technician with 16th Field Ambulance said: "It was a cock-up - we had seen Argentinean aircraft coming down Bomb Alley in Falkland Sound and they were getting better day by day, but the officers kept arguing about what to unload first and just told us not to worry.
Having stabilised him, Dodds handed over to the platoon's combat medical technician and assisted in dragging Delaney into cover.
Army nurse Julie saw active service in Afghanistan's Helmand Province as a combat medical technician.
Their roles will vary from petroleum operator, driver, infantrymen to combat medical technician.
I find that if I could just prune back my run time, I would be fit enough to train for 16 possible army jobs, including combat medical technician, nurse, radiographer, musician, chef, driver and - thrillingly - dog trainer.
Stuart Henderson, 26, from Bebington, dragged the injured man to safety amid a hail of bullets after a US convoy was ambushed Cpl Henderson, a combat medical technician, then drove cross country in darkness to get him the vital surgery that saved his life The former Bebington high school pupil who was on a sixmonth tour in Shaibah in Southern Iraq, said: "When we got there, the area seemed secure.