Special Operations Command, came together for a two-week exercise in June focused on combat identification for ground target engagement by coalition aircraft--especially those tools developed for aircrew and ground controllers to enable them to coordinate attacks or drop bombs on targets more quickly and effectively than they can today.
What does COMBTID stand for?
COMBTID stands for Combat Identification
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Central Ohio Mountain Bike Organization
- Collective of Musicians of Belfast Organisation (Northern Ireland, UK)
- Computation Of Miss Between Orbits
- Council of Multiple Birth Organizations (International Society for Twin Studies)
- Classifying Objects by Medium-Band Observations in 17 Filters (outer space survey)
- Contracted-out mixed benefit scheme
- Contractor Operated & Maintained Base Supply
- Council of Mission Board Secretaries (now Council of International Ministries)
- Customer Oriented Message Buffer System
- Combinatorial Structure (of intractable problems)
- Canadian Open Mathematics Challenge
- Care of Magical Creatures Class (Harry Potter)
- Check Out My Cards (website)
- Check Out My Collection (games)
- Communications Controller
- Communications Coordinator
- Conference on Organometallic Chemistry (biennial conference)
- Count of Monte Cristo
- Commander, Marine Corps Air Bases
- Commander, Marine Corps Air Bases, Eastern Area
Samples in periodicals archive:
That's why both you and your vehicle need the protection of the Joint Combat Identification Marking System (JCIMS).
Raytheon's KIV-77 represents the next generation in secured combat identification for U.
mil USJFCOM lead agency to investigate, assess, and improve integration, interoperability, and operational effectiveness of Joint Fires and Combat Identification across the Joint warfighting spectrum.
As these statistics verify, combat identification is still an unresolved problem on the modern battlefield, even during stability and support operations.
This time, however, the gunfire was simulated--and the Marines were equipped with the newest combat identification technologies that are being evaluated by the U.
He added: 'Regardless of thorough training, careful planning, excellent night vision equipment and combat identification measures, in the type of operation in which we were engaged, and in the heat of battle, there is always a risk that incidents such as this may occur.
``It is unsatisfactory that the department has made such slow progress in developing combat identification solutions to the risks of friendly fire.