When Soldiers need surveillance, medical evacuation, or close combat air support, English said he must ensure to meet the troops' needs.
What does CAS stand for?
CAS stands for Combat Air Support
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of CAS
We have 1015 other meanings of CAS in our Acronym Attic
- College of Analytical Studies (US Federal Bureau of Investigation)
- College of Applied Sciences
- College of Arts and Sciences (various colleges and universities)
- Collision Avoidance System
- Columbia Analytical Services (various locations)
- Columbia Audubon Society (South Carolina)
- Column Access Strobe
- Column Address Select
- Column Address Signal (computer memory)
- Column Address Strobe
- Combat Alert Status
- Combat Ammunition System
- Combat Applications Squadron
- Combat Arms School (Canadian Forces; now defunct)
- Combined Anode Stirrer
- Combined Antenna System
- Comité Andino de Servicio (Spanish: Andean Service Committee)
- Comité d'Action pour le Solaire (French: Solar Action Comittee)
- Comité d'Action Sociale (French: Social Action Committee)
- Command Augmentation System (NASA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Martin Taylor, BAE Systems Combat Air Support Director said: This upgrade programme gives the Royal Air Force Typhoon fleet an improved baseline capability, making it better than it has ever been before.
Martin Taylor, BAE Systems' combat air support director, said: "This contract is great news for BAE Systems and for the Eurofighter programme as a whole.
Usage of ROVER greatly improved Antidote's reconnaissance and target identification, which are essential to the combat air support mission in Iraq.
We are realizing applications that may revolutionize combat air support and air safety systems.
Neville Adams, UK Availability Director Combat Air Support said: This is recognition from the Royal Air Force (RAF) of all of the hard work by the RAF, Defence Equipment & Support and BAE Systems, over the last year which has made a substantial improvement to the availability of the RAF's Typhoon Fleet.
LCMR is specified to detect and track mortar rounds that are out of range for most mortar weapons and locate the firing weapon with a target location error sufficient to neutralize the shooter with either combat air support or counterfire.
Combat air support and aerial resupply missions are degraded by low clouds.