Arum and Roksa analyze the results of students' performance on the Collegiate Learning Assessment (CLA) at 24 colleges and universities and conclude that students are not studying very hard, not learning very much, and not performing better academically than other students--even those who follow the "engaged" learning practices touted by the National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE).
What does CLA stand for?
CLA stands for Collegiate Learning Assessment
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CLA
We have 334 other meanings of CLA in our Acronym Attic
- Civil Liberties Australia
- Claremont (Amtrak station code; Clarmont, NH)
- Clean, Lubricate, and Adjust (cameras)
- Clearance Angle
- Clinical Laboratory Assistant (various organizations)
- Closed-Loop Analysis
- Coin Laundry Association
- Collaborative Lesson Archive
- College Language Association
- College of Liberal Arts
- Colorado Leadership Academy
- Common LVC Architecture
- Commonwealth Lawyers Association (UK)
- Communication Line Adapters
- Communications, Life Safety, and Automation (Equipment & wiring for telecommunications)
- Communist League of America
- Community Legal Advice (UK)
- Community Legal Advisor (various organizations)
- Community Liaison Assistant
- Community Living Arrangement
Samples in periodicals archive:
I advocate for a national writing test and use of the Collegiate Learning Assessment and PISA tests for accountability purposes.
The Collegiate Learning Assessment, recently developed by a subsidiary of the RAND Corporation, does exactly that.
And a new diagnostic tool, RAND's Collegiate Learning Assessment, is also a promising device for measuring how much cognitive growth takes place during the cortege years, on average, for students of a college or university.