If the IRS initially rejects the claim, the claimant has the right to an appeals process through the Collection Appeals Program, as explained in Publication 1660, Collection Appeal Rights.
What does CAP stand for?
CAP stands for Collection Appeals Program (US IRS)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of CAP
We have 1489 other meanings of CAP in our Acronym Attic
- Clube Atlético Paranaense (Brazilian football club)
- Cluster Allocation Panel
- Coaching Accreditation Program
- Coalition of Airline Providers
- Code Analysis Plugin (software)
- Code of Advertising Practice Committee
- Codes and Paging
- Codice di Avviamento Postale (Italian: Postal Code)
- Collaborative Analytical Process
- Collaborative Art Projects
- College Academic Plan (various universities)
- College Access Program (various locations)
- College Achievement Program
- College Administration Publications (est. 1973)
- College Advanced Placement (various schools)
- College of Alberta Psychologists (Canada)
- College of American Pathologists
- College of Asia and the Pacific (Australian National University)
- Colorado Admissions Program
- Colorado Automated Payment (Colorado Department of Labor and Employment)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The IRS excludes from FTM: * Issues for which no legal precedent exists; * Penalty appeals cases; * Collection Appeals program cases; and * Constitutional issues (Publication 3605, Fast Track Mediation: A Process for Prompt Resolution of Tax Issues (2002); see also Rev.
Generally, the program is not available for Collection Appeals Program, Collection Due Process, Offer-In-Compromise, Trust Fund Recovery and others cases out-lined in Ann.