Capacity building of the National Institute of Oceanography in the areas of mapping of tidal energy potential, bathymetry, high resolution marine acoustics, integrated coastal zone management and monitoring of marine pollution is necessary to carry out its mandate effectively and efficiently.
What does CZM stand for?
CZM stands for Coastal Zone Management
This definition appears very frequently
See other definitions of CZM
We have 17 other meanings of CZM in our Acronym Attic
- Centru Za Kulturnu Dekontaminaciju (Center for Cultural Decontamination)
- Centar za Kulturu i Obrazovanje Susedgrad (Croatian: Center of Culture and Education; Susedgrad, Croatia)
- Centar Za Kulturu Smederevo (Serbian: Smederevo Center for Culture)
- Centrum Zarzadzania Kryzysowego Wojewody (Polish: Regional Crisis Management Center)
- Centralne Zaklady Lotnicze (Polish: Central Aviation Workshop; Polish Army)
- Comunidad Zona Lacandona (Spanish: Lacandon Community Zone; Mexico)
- Condition Zero League (Counter-Strike computer game community)
- Constantine, Ain El Bey, Algeria (airport code)
- Carl Zeiss Meditec (medical equipment; various locations)
- Clonazepam (drug)
- Commandant Der Zeemacht
- Compression Zone Microphone
- County Zoning Map
- Cozumel, Quintana Roo, Mexico - Aeropuerto International De Cozumel (Airport Code)
- Coastal Zone Management Act of 1972 (USA)
- Coastal Zone Management Authority (various nations)
- Coastal Zone Management Authority and Institute (Belize)
- Coastal Zone Management Centre (The Netherlands)
- Coastal Zone Mapping and Imaging Lidar (US Army Corps of Engineers)
Samples in periodicals archive:
23, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Department of Environmental Protection has awarded more than $900,000 in annual coastal zone management grants to organizations dedicated to protecting and preserving Pennsylvania's coastal zones along Lake Erie and the Delaware Estuary.
Topics discussed include coastal law contexts and general coastal regions and types, the legal geography of the coast, public trust doctrines, owner's rights, coastal zone management and disaster programs, and climate change and the future of coastal law and regulation.
Ramesh, who announced a ` 125- crore coastal zone management programme to map hazardous regions for future projects along the country's coast, appeared flustered when asked whether the proposed programme would also look into the issue of setting up nuclear power projects in the coastal zone.
They discuss the issues relating to coastal environments, measuring and monitoring coastal zones, and provide guidance for how resource managers and other decision makers can use the information obtained in coastal zone management.
Commerce Department approval under the Coastal Zone Management Act and separate approvals under other federal laws by the Corps of Engineers remain ahead.
It did so even though the state had not issued the requisite clean water, clean air and coastal zone management permits.
The latest report we received in the afternoon showed that these beaches were subjected to the red tide and we have asked the coastal zone management section to close the beach areas," said Mohammed Abdul Rahman Hassan, head of Dubai's Marine Environment and Wildlife Section.