Lauren Wenzel and Don Scavia elaborate on the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Association's Coastal Ocean Program and its focus on critical coastal zone management issues, while Ken Brink describes a program to examine Coastal Ocean Processes (CoOP) from an interdisciplinary, basic-science standpoint.
What does COOP stand for?
COOP stands for Coastal Ocean Processes
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of COOP
We have 36 other meanings of COOP in our Acronym Attic
- Contract Opportunities On-Line Engineering Support Tools (US Army Materiel Command)
- Church of Our Lord Jesus Christ
- Cryogenic On-Orbit Long Life Active Refrigerator
- Concealed Optical Origin Landing System
- Cooperativa Médica del Valle y de Profesionales de Colombia (Spanish)
- Center for Orthopaedic Oncology and Musculoskeletal Research
- Center for Wave Phenomena Object-Oriented Optimization Library
- Care of the Older Person
- CLIVAR Ocean Observing Panel
- Coastal Ocean Observation Panel
- Concurrent Object-Oriented Programming
- Consideration of Others Program (US Army Intelligence and Security Command Human Relations Program)
- Contingency Of Operations Plan
- Continuity of Operations
- Continuity of Operations Plan
- Continuity of Operations Procedure
- Cook's Petrel (bird species)
- Cooperativa (Italian)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Coastal Ocean Processes (CoOP) was organized in early 1990 to address the organizational complexities tied to the well-recognized need for interdisciplinary research in the coastal ocean.
Made up of linked observation systems, research on coastal ocean processes, and models to integrate this information, the CFS will be a working prototype, updated as understanding of the systems advances and new technologies are developed.