The Coast Guard Mutual Assistance fund was established as the "League of Coast Guard Women" in 1924.
What does CGMA stand for?
CGMA stands for Coast Guard Mutual Assistance
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of CGMA
We have 4 other meanings of CGMA in our Acronym Attic
- Canadian Gospel Music Association
- Caribbean Gospel Music Awards
- Carolina Grounds Management Association
- Center for Gait and Movement Analysis
- Cercle Généalogique de Maisons-Alfort (French: Maisons-Alfort Genealogy Circle; est. 1997; Maisons-Alfort, France)
- Certified Global Management Accountant
- Chartered Global Management Accountant (credential)
- Chicagoland Gems and Minerals Association
- Church of God Mountain Assembly, Inc.
- Cisco Gateway Management Agent
- Collaboratory for GIS and Mediterranean Archaeology
- Comparative Genomic Microarray Analysis
- Compressed Gas Manufacturers Association
- Computational Geometry for Mechanics and Applications
- Conference of Government Mining Attorneys
- Conseil en Gestion et Management des Affaires (French business consulting firm)
- Cooperative Game Management Area
- Country Gospel Music Association
- Covent Garden Market Authority
- Citywide Growth Management Advisory Committee (Department of Cambridge Community Development; Cambridge, MA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
IF you're a Soldier or Army family member and feeling the strain of a tight budget, read on, With the support of the National Association of Broadcasters, the four Military Aid Societies--Air Force Aid Society, Army Emergency Relief, Coast Guard Mutual Assistance and Navy Marine Corps Relief Society--have created the Armed Forces Relief Trust.
CHH's goal is to raise significant funds to support the official military relief societies of each branch of the Armed Services (Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society, Army Emergency Relief, Coast Guard Mutual Assistance and Air Force Aid Society) and to raise public awareness of the emergency services they provide to military families in need.
Funds will be distributed through the Armed Services YMCA, Navy/Marine Corps Relief Society, Army Emergency Relief, Air Force Aid Society, Coast Guard Mutual Assistance, National Military Family Association, and through chaplains at military bases throughout the country.
The Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society, Army Emergency Relief, Air Force Aid Society and the Coast Guard Mutual Assistance each will receive a portion of the donation to support reservists serving in their respective branches during the current conflict in Iraq.
The Red Cross AFES works with military aid societies, including Army Emergency Relief, Navy Marine Corps Society, Air Force Aid Society and Coast Guard Mutual Assistance.