DETROIT, June 21, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Through the Eyes of a Child, a travelling photographic art exhibit that benefits the Coalition On Temporary Shelter (COTS), will be at Oakland Mall during the month of July in the Giggle Gang Clubhouse located on the lower level near JCPenney.
What does COTS stand for?
COTS stands for Coalition on Temporary Shelter (Detroit, Michigan)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of COTS
We have 58 other meanings of COTS in our Acronym Attic
- Center Outlook Tactical and Strategic
- Chapter Officer Training School (SPEBSQSA)
- Chapter Operations Training Seminar
- Cheap Off the Shelf
- Childlessness Overcome Through Surrogacy
- Children of the Sun (song)
- Chronicles of the Sword (gaming)
- Church on the Street (religious program)
- Clean, Oil, Test and Stencil (railway brake systems)
- Cleaned, Oiled, Tested and Stenciled (railroad air brakes)
- Commercial off-the-Shelf
- Commercial Off-The-Shelf (products)
- Commercial Orbital Transportation Services (NASA commercial program to develop a vehicle that can reach low earth orbit)
- Committee On Technical Security
- Committee On Temporary Shelter
- Component Off the Shelf (software development)
- Consideration of Others Training Seminar
- Container Offloading & Transfer System
- Corrected on the Spot
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Coalition on Temporary Shelter (COTS) has received a one hundred and eighty thousand dollar ($180,000) grant form the Skillman foundation to support the general operations of their multi-site emergency homeless shelter that serves Detroit's families and children.
Detroit's Coalition on Temporary Shelter (COTS) (d) received a $1 million grant from the Michigan State Housing Development Authority for the new HomeGain project.
March 2 /PRNewswire/ -- In a joint statement, Peggy Posa, director of the Coalition on Temporary Shelter (COTS), servicing homeless families in Detroit, and Mark Gazlay, director of The Trowbridge, a premier rental facility in Southfield for active seniors, announced the adoption of COTS by Forest City Enterprises Residential Division, including Millender Center, Trolley Plaza, both in Detroit, and The Trowbridge on Civic Center Road in Southfield.
Buckler will be joined at the news conference by Kathleen Walgren, executive director of The Heat And Warmth Fund (THAW), and Peg Posa, executive director of the Coalition On Temporary Shelter (COTS).
General Dynamics will present several hundred coats and sweaters and a financial contribution to the Coalition on Temporary Shelter (COTS).
vice president and community lending officer who came up with the payroll deduction plan, will present checks for $2,500 to directors of each of the following Detroit-area agencies: -- Coalition on Temporary Shelter (COTS) -- Gleaners Food Bank -- Neighborhood Service Organization -- Turning Point -- Baldwin Avenue Human Services Center -- South Oakland Shelter (SOS) -- Young Men's Christian Association of Metro Detroit (YMCA) -- Capuchin Community Center - Soup Kitchen CONTACT: Ariadne Magoulias of Michigan National Bank, 313-473-3428.