I funded myself on an advanced driving course because there are a lot of close protection operatives in the UK but not many have the driving skills I have so I thought there was a niche in the market.
What does CPO stand for?
CPO stands for Close Protection Operative
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of CPO
We have 272 other meanings of CPO in our Acronym Attic
- Chief Process Officer (various companies)
- Chief Procurement Officer (corporate title)
- China Philharmonic Orchestra
- Chloropyrifos Oxon
- Christian Publicity Organisation (UK)
- City Police Officer (various locations)
- Civilian Personnel Office
- Civilian Personnel Online (US DoD)
- Civilian Post Office (Canada Post)
- Cleveland Philharmonic Orchestra
- Clôtures et Portails de l'Ouest (French: Fences and Gates of the West)
- Club de Plongée d'Orchies (French diving club)
- Coalition for Photonics and Optics
- Code Practice Oscillator (Morse code learning device for ham radio operators)
- Coherent Population Oscillation (light propagation)
- Collateralized Portfolio Obligation
- Colne Philharmonic Orchestra
- Command Post Operations
- Commercial Pesticide Operator
- Commodity Pool Operator
Samples in periodicals archive:
After moving to Canada in 2002, Peters said he worked "on and off" for the next two years as a close protection operative for security contractor Blackwater USA sanctions imposing an arms embargo on Libya, and frozen the assets of Saadi and other Kadhafi family members, Peters has not been charged with a crime.
As the guys also train Close Protection Operatives (bodyguards for powerful people), Andy, Dan The Army Man and the rest of the team - Charlie, Kris, Pete and Al 'Pacino' - came in disguise.