Approximately 40 percent to 60 percent of patients do not respond adequately to standard first-line treatment with currently approved OCD medications, including the selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitors (SSRIs) and the tricyclic agent, clomipramine.
What does CMI stand for?
CMI stands for Clomipramine
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CMI
We have 506 other meanings of CMI in our Acronym Attic
- Cincinnati Milacron, Inc. (est. 1884; Cincinnati, OH)
- Citizens Management, Inc.
- Civil Military Integration
- Class Material Index
- Classified Message Incident
- Classified Military Information
- Clay Mathematics Institute (Cambridge, MA)
- Clean Marina Initiative
- Clean Michigan Initiative (Michigan Department of Environmental Quality)
- Clinical Microbiology and Infection (journal; European Society of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases)
- Clue Me In
- Co-Managed Inventory
- Coaching and Mentoring International (various locations)
- Coastal Marine Institute (various schools)
- Cockerill Maintenance & Ingénierie (French; Belgian mechanical engineering company)
- Cockerill Mechanical Industries
- Code Mark Inversion
- Coded Mark Inversion
- Coisy Maintenance Immeuble (French building maintenance company)
- Cold Meat Industry (music label; Sweden)
Samples in periodicals archive:
2003:72) (that is, amitriptyline and clomipramine for the treatment of pain-related conditions, depression, and cataplexy associated with narcolepsy and OCD) (see Table 1).
Perseveration and haloperidol Acceptable choices stereotypy risperidone but SSRIs such as clomipramine (Anafranil), fluvoxamine (Luvox), and fluoxetine have better safety profiles.
A small study of 27 brain tumour sufferers found that the drug Clomipramine appeared to improve quality of life and extend survival times.
5 Citalopram (Celexa) 20 20-60 Escitalopram (Lexapro) 10 10-20 TCAs Amitriptyline (Elavil) 25 tid 100-300 * Clomipramine (Anafranil) 25 100-250 Desipramine (Norpramin) 25 100-300 Nortriptyline (Pamelor, Aventyl) 25 tid-qid 50-150 Imipramine (Tofranil) 25 100-300 * SNRIs Venlafaxine XR Immediate-release (Effexor) 37.
With the exception of products with approved pediatric claims--including fluoxetine for pediatric depression and clomipramine (Anafranil) and sertraline for pediatric obsessive-compulsive disorder--the black box for each drug states that the medication is not approved for use in pediatric patients.
In another study, 46 outpatients suffering from panic disorder found that regular aerobic exercise produced significant clinical improvement of their condition, though it was not as effective as treatment with clomipramine, a drug of proven efficacy against the disorder.
Anti-Depressant and Anti-Anxiety Agents Serotonin re-uptake inhibitors, such as fluoxetine (Prozac), sertraline (Zoloft), paroxetine (Paxil), fluvoxamine (LUVOX), and clomipramine (Anafranil) have been of great interest in autism over the past 10 years because of their effectiveness in treating obsessive-compulsive symptomatology.