After completing my doctoral thesis on this topic at the National University of Ireland, I started work with Sir Rory Collins and Sir Richard Peto in the Clinical Trial Service Unit (CTSU) at the University of Oxford in 1991.
What does CTSU stand for?
CTSU stands for Clinical Trial Service Unit
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CTSU
We have 5 other meanings of CTSU in our Acronym Attic
- China Travel Service Tower (hotel; Beijing, China)
- Clinical and Translational Sciences Training (University of California, San Francisco)
- Combat Trauma Sustainment Training
- Community Traffic Safety Team (Florida)
- Compensatory Time Straight Time (work hours)
- Chinese Taipei Soft Tennis Association
- Competency to Stand Trial Assessment Instrument (psychological test)
- Critical Teacher Shortage Tuition Reimbursement (Florida)
- Center for the Treatment and Study of Traumatic Stress (Kent State University; Kent, OH)
- Cancer Trials Support Unit
- Community Traffic Services Unit (Los Angeles Police Department; Los Angeles, CA)
- Contractor Traffic Simulation Unit (US FAA)
- Coordination and Technical Support Unit (fisheries and aquaculture reconstruction; Sri Lanka; UN Food and Agriculture Organization)
- Counter Terrorism Support Unit (UK)
- Complete Thrombosis of the Splenic Vein
- Cohen Tauber Spievack & Wagner (law firm; New York, NY)
- Conformance Testing Service Wide-Area Network
- Cambodian Tourism and Service Workers' Federation
- Consolidated Training Support Working Group
- Central Track Stores Index (Naval Combat Systems)
Samples in periodicals archive:
SHARP was designed, conducted and analysed independently of all funding sources by the Clinical Trial Service Unit and Epidemiological Studies Unit (CTSU) of Oxford University, with guidance by an independent Steering Committee that included many of the world's leading kidney specialists.
A research team, led by Richard Peto and Gary Whitlock of the Clinical Trial Service Unit at the University of Oxford, pulled together data from 57 studies.
Dr Zhengming Chen, of Oxford's clinical trial service unit, said: "Giving this treatment could save 5,000 lives and prevent another 5,000 repeat heart attacks or strokes.
Dr Zhengming Chen, from Oxford's Clinical Trial Service Unit, who presented the results at the American College of Cardiology's annual meeting in Orlando, Florida, said: 'This means that, on average, adding clopidogrel to current therapies benefits one out of every 100 patients.
A team from the Clinical Trial Service Unit, Oxford, said the use of drugs called statins, which lower so-called "bad" cholesterol, had a significant effect in preventing ischaemic strokes - those caused by arterial blockages.
REVEAL is being led by Oxford University's Clinical Trial Service Unit, and is one of the largest cardiovascular studies ever conducted.
Rory Collins Professor of Medical Statistics and Epidemiology and Co-director of the Clinical Trial Service Unit, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK -and- Sir Richard Peto, F.