Scott recommended the use of assessment instruments, particularly the Clinical Institute Withdrawal Assessment for Alcohol--Revised (CIWA-AR).
What does CIWA stand for?
CIWA stands for Clinical Institute Withdrawal Assessment
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CIWA
We have 4 other meanings of CIWA in our Acronym Attic
- Canadian Independent Wrestling Alliance (Peterbough, Ontario, Canada)
- Canadian Injured Workers Alliance
- Catholic Institute of West Africa
- Catholic Italian Welfare Association (Australia)
- Central Idaho Wilderness Act of 1980 (US)
- Central Indiana Writers Association (Greenwood, IN)
- Certified Internet Webmaster Administrator
- Certified Internet Webmaster Associate
- Championship International Wrestling Alliance
- Citrine Wagtail (Motacilla citreola)
- Clinical Institute Withdrawal for Alcohol (scale)
- Coalition of Immigrant Worker Advocates
- Coastal Industrial Water Authority (Houston, TX)
- Commercial Industrial Waste Applications (San Jose, CA waste and recycling advocate company)
- Committee on Institution-Wide Accreditation
- condition identification work authorization
- Construction Industries Wholesalers Association (Englewood Cliffs, NJ)
- Cook Islands Workers Association Incorporated (trade union)
- Clinical Institute Withdrawal Assessment for Alcohol scale
- Clinical Institute Withdrawal Assessment for Alcohol, revised
Samples in periodicals archive:
The scale is based on the revised Clinical Institute Withdrawal Assessment for Alcohol scale (CIWA-A).
Alcoholic subjects were stratified into 2 groups upon enrollment: those with higher alcohol withdrawal, as defined by their Clinical Institute Withdrawal Assessment (CIWA) scores, and those with lower CIWA scores.