She's in charge of the Clinical Decision Unit - a kind of A&E - at Birmingham's Queen Elizabeth Hospital.
What does CDU stand for?
CDU stands for Clinical Decision Unit (UK hospitals)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CDU
We have 116 other meanings of CDU in our Acronym Attic
- Charles Darwin University (Australia)
- Charles Drew University of Medicine and Science (Los Angeles, CA)
- Chemical Dispensing Unit
- Chest Drainage Unit
- Chicks Dig Us (aka Collegiate Development Union; Brigham Young University; Utah)
- Christelijk-Demokratische Unie (Dutch: Christian Democratic Union)
- Christlich Demokratische Union Deutschlands (German: Christian Democratic Union; Germany)
- Civil Disturbance Unit
- Clasificación Decimal Universal (Spanish)
- Classification Décimale Universelle (French: Universal Decimal Classification; library classification system)
- Cockpit Display Unit
- Coligação Democrática Unitária (United Democratic Coalition, Portugal)
- Collateral Data Update
- Collegiate Development Union (aka Chicks Dig Us; Brigham Young University; Utah)
- Combiner Distribution Unit
- Combining and Distribution Unit (3G radio systems)
- Command Data Unit
- Command Decoder Unit
- Command Demodulator Unit
- Command Destruct Unit
Samples in periodicals archive:
The eight-part, snapshot series includes Liz Miller from the clinical decision unit at Birmingham's QE hospital.
Review how an academic medical center emergency department expanded its clinical decision unit to improve operational performance.
The lab captures other key elements of a hospital environment as well by having a fully featured Emergency Department, Clinical Decision Unit Department, and an exam room, all of which are equipped with cameras that are monitored by a two-way mirror in a control room.
Sister Lynn Roberts, Senior Nurse at Ysbyty Gwynedd, said: "The Clinical Decision Unit will allow us to care for patients who might previously have spent many hours in the main Emergency Department, in a much more appropriate and comfortable environment.
The Clinical Decision Unit has been built next to the Accident and Emergeny department and provides an area, which includes three and four-bed bays, where patients can wait to be assessed by a specialist doctor.
The first phase of the main acute hospital will open in 2010 Pods in the critical care ward that carry gas air and electricity to the bedside Matron in charge of the critical care unit Helen Gyves Dr Barrie Smith in the CDU - Clinical Decision Unit
The new building will consist of an A&E department, a nineteen bed adult clinical decision unit and two Operating Theatre suites.