Figures from the third, compiled by the Met Office and the University of East Anglia's Climatic Research Unit (CRU), are expected to be published at the end of January or early February.
What does CRU stand for?
CRU stands for Climatic Research Unit
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CRU
We have 120 other meanings of CRU in our Acronym Attic
- Center za Razvoj Univerze (Ljubljana, Slovenia)
- Central Receivables Unit
- Central Records Unit (various locations)
- Central Reexamination Unit (US Patent and Trademark Office)
- Centre de Recherche d'Urbanisme (French: Center for Urban Research)
- Certified in the Use of RETScreen® (Association of Energy Engineers)
- Certified Residential Underwriter (Real Estate Institute of Canada accreditation)
- Chemical Research Unit
- Chemically Resistant Urethane (floor coating used in aircraft hangars)
- Climate Research Unit
- Clinical Research Unit
- Collision Reconstruction Unit (various locations)
- Combined Rotating Unit
- Comité Réseau des Universités (French: Network of Universities Committee)
- Command and Response Unit
- Commercial Retail Unit
- Commodity Research Unit (UK)
- Communications Register Unit
- Compensation Recovery Unit (UK)
- Complete Remission, Unconfirmed (oncology)
Samples in periodicals archive:
House of Representatives is Texas Republican John Carter, who reports on his website that the United Nations' Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) and the East Anglia Climatic Research Unit in Great Britain--two of the world's foremost authorities on the extent and severity of global warming--hid their own research results showing that world temperatures have not actually been rising, but in fact have been falling, over the past several years.
Professor Phil Jones, from the University of East Anglia's climatic research unit, said: "This indicates that British winters have become increasingly unsettled.
He stood down as the head of the university's climatic research unit in 2009 after it was claimed leaked emails suggested he knew data was "fiddled" to show evidence of global warming.
Prof Jones, 59, stood down as head of the University of East Anglia's Climatic Research Unit in 2009 after it was claimed leaked emails suggested that he knew data was manipulated to show evidence of global warming.
His name came up in the "Climategate" email scandal that emerged out of the Climatic Research Unit at East Anglia University, in connection to a "trick" employed by Dr.
One of the biggest untold news stories in recent times concerns the admissions that the temperature data used by NOAA, NASA, Britain's University of East Anglia Climatic Research Unit (UEA-CRU), and others in their apocalyptic scenarios are hopelessly corrupted and incapable of providing any meaningful input for policy decisions, especially decisions to impose radical, global [CO.
Last year was the world's second hottest behind 1998 in a temperature record going back to 1850, the director at Britain's Climatic Research Unit Phil Jones said on Wednesday.