These figures were issued by the Met Office and the Climatic Research Unit (CRU) at East Anglia University.
What does CRU stand for?
CRU stands for Climatic Research Unit
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CRU
We have 120 other meanings of CRU in our Acronym Attic
- Center za Razvoj Univerze (Ljubljana, Slovenia)
- Central Receivables Unit
- Central Records Unit (various locations)
- Central Reexamination Unit (US Patent and Trademark Office)
- Centre de Recherche d'Urbanisme (French: Center for Urban Research)
- Certified in the Use of RETScreen® (Association of Energy Engineers)
- Certified Residential Underwriter (Real Estate Institute of Canada accreditation)
- Chemical Research Unit
- Chemically Resistant Urethane (floor coating used in aircraft hangars)
- Climate Research Unit
- Clinical Research Unit
- Collision Reconstruction Unit (various locations)
- Combined Rotating Unit
- Comité Réseau des Universités (French: Network of Universities Committee)
- Command and Response Unit
- Commercial Retail Unit
- Commodity Research Unit (UK)
- Communications Register Unit
- Compensation Recovery Unit (UK)
- Complete Remission, Unconfirmed (oncology)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Data quietly issued last week by the Met Office and the University of East Anglia Climatic Research Unit indicated global warming had stopped some years ago - and we could be heading for a mini ice age to equal the 70-year long temperature drop that saw frost fairs held on the Thames in the 17th Century.
He stood down as the head of the university's climatic research unit in 2009 after it was claimed leaked emails suggested he knew data was "fiddled" to show evidence of global warming.
His name came up in the "Climategate" email scandal that emerged out of the Climatic Research Unit at East Anglia University, in connection to a "trick" employed by Dr.
One of the biggest untold news stories in recent times concerns the admissions that the temperature data used by NOAA, NASA, Britain's University of East Anglia Climatic Research Unit (UEA-CRU), and others in their apocalyptic scenarios are hopelessly corrupted and incapable of providing any meaningful input for policy decisions, especially decisions to impose radical, global [CO.
Last year was the world's second hottest behind 1998 in a temperature record going back to 1850, the director at Britain's Climatic Research Unit Phil Jones said on Wednesday.
IN March 2000, Dr David Viner, a senior research scientist at the climatic research unit of the University of East Anglia, was quoted as saying that "within a few years, winter snowfall will become a very rare and exciting event" and that "children just aren't going to know what snow is".
Published e-mails from University of East Anglia's Climatic Research Unit (CRU) -- one of the world's leading climate study institutions -- called CRU's research into question.