The La Nina event spanning 1998-2002 is blamed for droughts and record high temperatures spanning the United States, the Mediterranean, southern Europe, and Southwest and Central Asia, wrote Martin Hoerling of the NOAA Climate Diagnostics Center and Arun Kumar of the NOAA Climate Prediction Center in a 31 January 2003 Science article.
What does CDC stand for?
CDC stands for Climate Diagnostics Center (NOAA)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CDC
We have 766 other meanings of CDC in our Acronym Attic
- Circuit Defense Counsel (US DoD)
- Cirrus Design Corporation
- Citizens Democracy Corps (Washington, DC)
- Citizens Development Corps (Washington, DC)
- Citizens District Council
- City Development Company (UK)
- City of Durham Council (UK)
- Civil District Court
- Classified Document Control
- Cleared Defense Contractor (US DoD)
- Clinical Data Coordinator (various companies)
- Clock Distribution Circuit
- Clock Domain Crossing (ASIC/VLSI design)
- Clothing Distribution Center (USAP New Zealand)
- Clutha District Council (New Zealand)
- Coalition pour La Diversité Culturelle (French: Coalition for Cultural Diversity (Quebec))
- Coalition to Diversify Computing
- Coastal Data Centre (AU)
- Coeur de Catherine (French; St. Catherine University; Minneapolis, MN)
- Cohousing Development Consulting
Samples in periodicals archive:
``The most likely scenario is that it will be slightly drier than normal,'' said Klaus Weickmann, research meteorologist with the Climate Diagnostics Center in Boulder.
The focus is on predictions of a record El Nino from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's Climate Diagnostics Center here.