The Purus Project is the first private REDD+ project developed in Acre and is fully aligned with the State's System of Incentives for Environmental Services (the SISA)," said Eufran Ferreira do Amaral, President of the State of Acre's Climate Change Institute, "the Purus Project proves that it is possible to enhance the standing forest, guaranteeing the rights of traditional occupants and include a promising resource for improving the basis for sustainable production and conservation strategies on private areas in Acre.
What does CCI stand for?
CCI stands for Climate Change Institute (University of Maine)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CCI
We have 553 other meanings of CCI in our Acronym Attic
- Church Careers Institute (Centenary College)
- Cinema City International (various locations)
- Circuit Components Inc.
- Citrix Certified Instructor
- Citroën Club Indonesia (Indonesian automobile club)
- City Centre Initiative (Derry-Londonderry, Northern Ireland, UK; est. 2000)
- Classical Civilization Courses
- Clean City Initiative
- Clear Channel Incorporated
- Cleft-Children International (Zurich, Switzerland)
- Clinton Climate Initiative (William J. Clinton Foundation)
- Close Combat Instructor
- Co-Channel Interference
- Co-Counselling International (Ireland)
- Coalition for Community Integration (disabilities)
- Coastal Catchments Initiative
- Coca-Cola Içecek (Turkey)
- Code Consultants, Inc.
- Colegio Científico Integrado (Guatemala school)
- Coleman Cable, Inc. (Waukegan, IL)
Samples in periodicals archive:
It triggered the realization that we were in an entirely new era of planet Earth," said Will Steffen, head of Australian National University's Climate Change Institute.
The folks there are doing amazing research, particularly within their Ocean and Climate Change Institute, through its North Atlantic/Arctic Climate Initiative.
The scientists include Jan Zalasiewicz and Mark Williams from the University of Leicester Department of Geology; Will Steffen, Director of the Australian National University's Climate Change Institute and Paul Crutzen the Nobel Prize-winning atmospheric chemist of Mainz University.
ANU Climate Change Institute Executive Director Professor Will Steffen believes that the more lenient targets of 450ppm will fail to limit global warming to 2[degrees]C but even these are unlikely to be achieved at the rate we're going.
We are beginning to push the planet out of its current stable Holocene state, the warm period that began about 10,000 years ago and during which agriculture and complex societies, including our own, have developed and flourished," says co-author Professor Will Steffen, Director of the ANU Climate Change Institute at The Australian National University.
The eight-storey building houses a climate change institute where experts will study how society should tackle environmental issues.
Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute, Ocean and Climate Change Institute.