The report made by the Climate Action Network Europe in collaboration with the environmental think tank Germanwatch assesses countries based on CO2-emissions, sustainable energy, energy efficiency, as well as environmentally-friendly policies.
What does CAN stand for?
CAN stands for Climate Action Network
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CAN
We have 411 other meanings of CAN in our Acronym Attic
- Children and Youth Action Network
- Choice Action Network
- Christian Association of Nigeria (umbrella organization)
- Chronic Allograft Nephropathy
- Church of All Nations (various locations)
- Citizens' Awareness Network
- Claim Account Number (Social Security)
- Classified Ad Network (various organizations)
- Clean Air Network (Hong Kong)
- Clean Air Now
- Climate Action Now
- Cluster Area Network
- Code Application Notice
- Collections Australia Network (Haymarket, NSW, Australia)
- College Access Now (Seattle, WA)
- Commission Against Narcotics
- Common Account Number
- Common Accounting Number
- Communauté d'Agglomération de la Narbonnaise (French: Agglomeration Community of Narbonne; Narbonne, France)
- Communauté d'Agglomération de Niort (French: Agglomeration Community of Niort; Niort, France)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Climate Action Network Director Wa'el Hmaidan says: "There are a lot of important issues that need to be resolved in COP18.
org, Climate Action Network, and the global TckTckTck campaign, as well as youth activists who were instrumental in the Arab spring and are now organised in the newly founded Arab Youth Climate Movement.
A document obtained earlier in January by Climate Action Network Canada indicated that Aboriginal groups were listed as "adversaries" when it came to promoting tar sands development and First Nations were called "influencers" in the fight over tar sands.
The Climate Action Network, which groups some 700 nongovernmental organizations in 90 countries, said in a press release it had given Japan ''first place'' in the award for pushing for a mechanism for exporting nuclear technology despite the ongoing crisis at the Fukushima Daiichi plant triggered by the March 11 earthquake and tsunami.
Demonstrators from the Tar Sands Action group and a coalition of local and national groups are hoping a campaign of civil disobedience, director of the Chesapeake Climate Action Network, said Sunday.
The latest plan for harnessing offshore wind power represents "a serious, functioning dean-energy infrastructure the likes of which the country's never had" says Mike Tidwell, founder and director of the Chesapeake Climate Action Network.
Climate Action Network Canada executive director Graham Saul told a press conference that government letters, memos, speeches, and lobbyist reports assembled by the group point to a "coordinated lobbying strategy to kill climate change policies in other countries.