This means that ATM DSLAMs must transport each customer's traffic on separate permanent virtual circuits (PVCs), and each class of traffic for each customer on separate PVCs.
What does COT stand for?
COT stands for Class of Traffic (ITU-T)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of COT
We have 138 other meanings of COT in our Acronym Attic
- Change of Trim (International Association of Drilling Contractors)
- Channel of Trade
- Chicago Opera Theater (Chicago, IL)
- Chief of Transportation (US Army, Ft Eustis, VA)
- Chronic Opioid Therapy
- Church of Thyatis (fictional, Dungeons & Dragons)
- Circle of Tyrants (gaming)
- City of Tucson (Arizona)
- Clandeboye Oldtimers (est. 1977; Canada)
- Class of Trade (marketing)
- Clerical Office Technician
- Clockapult of Time (mousehunt; gaming)
- Club Omnisports de Tarentaise (French multisport club)
- Coatseville (Amtrak station code; Coatesville, PA)
- Coil-Out Temperature
- Coin Operated Telephone
- College of Occupational Therapists (UK)
- College of Textiles (North Carolina State University)
- Colombia Time (Colombia time zone)
- Commanding Officer of Troops (US DoD)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The weight assigned to a particular class of traffic is proportionate to the weights of all other managed traffic.
Network managers can, for example, monitor Top Server and Clients for a specific class of traffic, track network usage by users and protocols and detect bottlenecks.