In 1933, a lunchtime meeting led to the creation of an early New Deal programme andndash; the Civil Works Administration.
What does CWA stand for?
CWA stands for Civil Works Administration
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of CWA
We have 210 other meanings of CWA in our Acronym Attic
- Championship Wrestling Association
- Charles Wright Academy (Tacoma, WA)
- Charlotte Woodworkers Association (North Carolina, USA)
- Chartered Wealth Advisor
- Chemical Warfare Agents
- Child Welfare Administration (New York)
- Child Workers in Asia (est. 1985)
- Children with Autism (various locations)
- Christian World Adoption (Charleston, SC)
- Cimbalom World Association (Budapest, Hungary)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Now in an updated and expanded second edition featuring a new introduction and afterword, Put To Work: The WPA and Public Employment in the Great Depression chronicles the history of the juggernaut job-creation programs of the 1930's, including the Works Progress Administration, the Federal Emergency Relief Administration, and the Civil Works Administration.
Among his closest advisers--agriculture secretary Henry Wallace, presidential aide Raymond Moley, labor secretary Frances Perkins, Civil Works Administration director Harry Hopkins, and budget director Lewis Douglas--were either conservatives who advocated for reduced spending or progressives who lobbied for increased oversight and aid for the poor.