Despite finding themselves sometimes in a tight financial corner, civil society movements across Africa have shown their worth time and time again as a means of countering runaway political ambitions, shining a light on corruption and pressurising regimes to respect the rule of law.
What does CSM stand for?
CSM stands for Civil Society Movement (Liberia)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CSM
We have 682 other meanings of CSM in our Acronym Attic
- Chinese Society for Metals (Beijing, China)
- Chopped Strand Mat (glass-reinforced plastics)
- Christian Science Monitor (publication)
- Church of Swedish Mission
- Cigarette Smoking Man (X-files)
- Circulation, Sensation, Movement (injury evaluation)
- Circumstellar Material
- Cisco Security Manager (Cisco)
- Citizen Service Management
- Civil Society Media (various locations)
- Class-Specific Method
- Classroom Support Module (sub module of US Navy CeTARS, Corporate Enterprise Training Activity Resource Systems)
- Clearing & Settlement Mechanism (payment system)
- Client Server Messaging (Trend Micro)
- Client Services Manager (various organizations)
- Climate System Model
- Club Seghe Mentali (Italian)
- Club Sportif Moulien (Guadeloupe sport club)
- Club Subaquatique de Mayenne (French: Underwater Club of Mayenne; Mayenne, France)
- Cluster System Management
Samples in periodicals archive:
However, the aging president was scheduled to retire immediately following elections later in the year and it was hoped that a growing civil society movement and new leadership could more adequately address these problems.
We at SDFG have been tirelessly working with our allies and partners in the broader Sudanese civil society movement towards the unification of all Sudanese agents of democratic change.
Castellanos headed a civil society movement demanding the police be purged.
KABUL (PAN): A civil society movement on Tuesday urged the Attorney General Office (AGO) to review the arrest of nine Ministry of Finance employees in connection with corruption and embezzlements of funds, saying there were discrepancies in their detention.
From problems of politics, the need for education, environmental issues, unemployment, economics, and much more, "Dream of a Nation" is a worthy read, and its proceeds will go towards the Civil Society movement.
Activists such as Suheir Atassi and Razan Zeitouneh, veterans on the socio-political underground scene at the grassroots level, and writers such as Samar Yazbek, have been part and parcel of the civil society movement challenging the regime openly from inside Syria.
Civil society movements accuse Biya of having locked down the electoral system to ensure that he is returned to power.