Effective immediately, WeatherBug will now visually and audibly notify PC users about any Civil Emergency Message (CEM) alerts that are issued by federal, state and/or local officials, not just those related to weather emergencies.
What does CEM stand for?
CEM stands for Civil Emergency Message
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of CEM
We have 337 other meanings of CEM in our Acronym Attic
- Channeltron Electron Multiplier
- Chief Electrician's Mate (military rank)
- Chief Enlisted Manager
- Children's Educational Material
- Chinese Energetic Medicine
- Christian Educational Ministries
- Circunscripción Electoral Municipal (Spanish; Guatemala)
- Cisco E-Mail Manager
- Cisco Energy Management
- Civil Emergency Management (US Army)
- Civil Engineering Manual (USAF)
- Clean Energy Ministerial (forum)
- Clearinghouse on Educational Management (now Clearinghouse on Educational Policy and Management; University of Oregon)
- Club des Entreprises du Muretain (French: Muret Corporate Club; Muret, France)
- Coastal Engineering Manual
- Collège Édouard-Montpetit (Longueuil, Quebec)
- College of Economics and Management (Philippines)
- College of Engineering and Mines (University of Alaska Fairbanks)
- College of Estate Management
- Collin Electromécanique Maintenance (French: Collin Electrical Maintenance)
Samples in periodicals archive:
CAP is an integral part of relaying civil emergency messages on the NOAA Weather Radio All Hazards and other NWS dissemination systems," said Mark Paese, Director, Operations Division for NOAA's National Weather Service.
The EAS stations will broadcast a civil emergency message to all media outlets to check the website for the details of the abduction.