The Civil Code of Quebec codifies Quebec's private law, but its public law and court system are based on common law.
What does CCQ stand for?
CCQ stands for Civil Code of Quebec
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of CCQ
We have 26 other meanings of CCQ in our Acronym Attic
- Central Coast Pure Water Association (Chittaway Bay, New South Wales, Australia)
- Current-Controlled Pulsewidth Modulation
- Current-Controlled Pulsewidth Modulation Inversion/Inverter
- Concurrence Complexity of the System
- Cadet in Charge of Quarters
- Centre Commun de Quantimétrie (French: Joint Quantimeter Center; University of Lyon)
- Céphalées Chroniques Quotidiennes (French: Chronic Daily Headache)
- Chambre de Commerce de Québec (French: Quebec Chamber of Commerce; Quebec, Canada)
- Chili Con Queso (food)
- Circulos de Controle de Qualidade
- Client Connection Quality (computing)
- Club Civic Quebec
- Commission de la Construction du Québec (French)
- Communauté de Communes du Quercitain (French: Quercitain Community of Communes; Le Quesnoy, France)
- Concept Checking Question
- Conseils Consultatifs de Quartier (French: Neighborhood Advisory Councils)
- Court Companions Queensland Ltd
- Critical Care Quarterly
- Cross Crew Qualification (Airbus Industrie)
- Squadron Section Commander (USAF)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The court held that the legal distinction between married couples and those in de facto relationships, which excludes the latter from the protections set out in the Civil Code of Quebec in the event that the relationship ends, is not discriminatory under article 15(1) of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
The Civil Code of Quebec sets out certain requirements governing research involving humans.
The CRDP (Centre for Research in Public Law) lists, among other resources, the Faculty of Law, ATRIUM Library (University of Montreal's on-line library catalogue), CRDP Research Centre and legal documents, the Civil Code of Quebec, and the Quebec Charter of Personal Rights and Freedoms (which will be available soon in English).
3) A commitment to the Civil Code of Quebec as representing the jus commune of the province.
When one examines Justinian's Code, the Napoleonic Code, or the Civil Code of Quebec, one notices that the laws are worded in a general way.
A Brief History The origins of the Civil Code of Quebec are found in the colonization of Canada by France.
Fortunately, in Quebec, the Civil Code of Quebec ("Code") lists the factors and the order in which they are to be taken into consideration when it uses this test.