The election of Havel, 53, was agreed at talks between the Communist Party, the opposition Civic Forum and other groups after demonstrations forced the communists to relinquish their stranglehold on power a month ago.
What does FC stand for?
FC stands for Civic Forum (Central African Republic)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of FC
We have 109 other meanings of FC in our Acronym Attic
- Factored Base Year Value (property valuation)
- Federatie Van Beroepsorgenisaties in de Zorg (Dutch: Federation of Professional Associations in Health Care)
- Finance Bank Zambia, Ltd.
- Flying Battery Zone (gaming, Sonic & Knuckles)
- Fonds Voor de Beroepsziekten (Dutch: Fund for Occupational Diseases; Belgium)
- Form-Based Zoning (alternative zoning codes)
- Free Blocking Zone (football)
- Functional Border Zone
- (USN Rating) Fire Controlman
- Brothers of Charity (religious order)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Civic Forum of businessmen and voluntary groups was intended to influence Government policymaking but cost pounds 500,000 a year to run when sitting regularly and has not met since 2002.
The Velvet Revolution The roots of the 1989 Civic Forum movement that came to power during the "Velvet Revolution" lie in human rights activism.
The parade will make its way fromthe civic forum to the Massereene barracks where operational medals will be distributed.
Cephas Germain Ewangui, head of a civic forum for open and free elections (Focosel) which groups several non governmental organisations, said the main opposition were the "very first loudly to have called for this dialogue.
Republican McCain and Democrat Obama were to make a joint appearance at Ground Zero after the official ceremonies, then attend a civic forum.
We believe a Regional Civic Forum is required, backed by a modest amount of the resourcing now available to the assembly.
HELSINKI, Finland, July 4 /PRNewswire/ -- Today in Helsinki, Russian human rights activists attending the Finnish-Russian Civic Forum 2007 are calling on Portuguese President, AnA-bal Cavaco Silva, to fulfil his obligations under Portuguese and European law and uphold the common values of democracy and human rights that he has pledged to defend.