Groups participating in the Keep Money Out Artdrop include: Backbone Campaign, Big New Ideas, Brennan Center for Justice, The Canary Project, Citizen Action of New York, Center for Community Change, Courage Campaign, Feministing, GAFFTA, Liberty Hill, National Peoples' Action, No Longer Empty, Occupy Design, The Other 98%, Pandagon, People for the American Way, PolicyMic, Progressive USA, Protect our Democracy, Rainforest Action Network, Raw Story, Rebuild The Dream, Rootstrikers, The Sierra Club, The Story of Stuff Project, United Republic, unPAC, Vote Mob, Yes Yes No Interactive Projects.
What does CANY stand for?
CANY stands for Citizen Action of New York (Albany, NY)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CANY
We have 5 other meanings of CANY in our Acronym Attic
- Canadian Wind Energy Association
- Central Asian Nuclear-Weapon-Free Zone (treaty)
- Child Abuse and Neglect Working Group
- Cheshire and North Wales Orchid Society (UK)
- Canadian Advanced Nanospace Experiment (satellite program; University of Toronto)
- Canadian Association of New York (New York, NY)
- Canyonlands National Park (US National Park Service)
- Career Academy of New York (New York and Massachusetts)
- Correctional Association of New York
- Creative Alternatives of New York (est. 1969)
- Chamber Alliance of New York State
- Council on Addictions of New York State
- Canada, Australia and New Zealand (United Nations)
- Celebrants Association of New Zealand (professional group)
- Coal Association of New Zealand
- Competitive Advantage New Zealand (research program)
- Computer Access New Zealand (computer recycling)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Joyce Gould is the Health Care Project Director of Citizen Action of New York and the Public Policy and Education Fund of New York.
Plaintiffs in the federal suit include the New York Statewide Senior Action Council, Citizen Action of New York, Consumers for Affordable Health Care Foundation, Health Care for All, and the Massachusetts Senior Action Council.
Fourteen consumer and senior advocacy organizations are joining the suit, including Citizen Action of New York, Congress of California Seniors, Florida Alliance for Retired Americans, Health Care For All, New York Statewide Senior Action Council, New Jersey Citizen Action, Consumers for Affordable Health Care in Maine, among others (see full group listing on following page.
Plaintiffs in the federal action include the New York Statewide Senior Action Council, Citizen Action of New York, Consumers for Affordable Health Care Foundation, Health Care For All, and the Massachusetts Senior Action Council (details below).
Bloomberg commends the work of both the President's Commission and public interest groups, in particular the Alliance for Better Campaigns, the Brennan Center for Justice, Citizen Action of New York, Citizens Union, Common Cause/New York, League of Women Voters of New York State, and the New York Public Interest Research Group, for their advocacy of more informative, issue-based media coverage of candidates.
The Coalition's position is being supported by other organizations including the Consumer Federation of America (CFA) and Citizen Action of New York.