They cover observations and theory of circumstellar disks and outflows delta Sco and Be stars as laboratories for circumstellar disk physics, the dynamics of circumstellar material and tidal interactions, massive star formation out of a dynamic environment, and magnetospheres of hot stars.
What does CSM stand for?
CSM stands for Circumstellar Material
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CSM
We have 682 other meanings of CSM in our Acronym Attic
- Chemical Surety Materials
- Chenault Space Module
- Chief of Staff Memorandum
- Child Support Maintenance (claim)
- Chinese Society for Metals (Beijing, China)
- Chopped Strand Mat (glass-reinforced plastics)
- Christian Science Monitor (publication)
- Church of Swedish Mission
- Cigarette Smoking Man (X-files)
- Circulation, Sensation, Movement (injury evaluation)
- Cisco Security Manager (Cisco)
- Citizen Service Management
- Civil Society Media (various locations)
- Civil Society Movement (Liberia)
- Class-Specific Method
- Classroom Support Module (sub module of US Navy CeTARS, Corporate Enterprise Training Activity Resource Systems)
- Clearing & Settlement Mechanism (payment system)
- Client Server Messaging (Trend Micro)
- Client Services Manager (various organizations)
- Climate System Model
Samples in periodicals archive:
The meeting focused on active OB-stars as laboratories for the study of physical processes leading to stellar activity and the ejection of circumstellar material, particularly the orbiting disk that is central to rapidly rotating B-type stars with prominent emission lines of hydrogen in their spectrums (Be stars).
But studying this circumstellar material, or nebula, has proven difficult with ground-based telescopes: The nebula is relatively small, faint, and too close to the dazzling light from the star to observe clearly In imaging the star and its surroundings, a new camera aboard the repaired Hubble Space Telescope has revealed previously unknown structure in the dust.